• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this guy really trying to explain how his Saab is a jet aircraft??

Please proceed with that rationale, maybe one less in the competition column! It's a turbine airplane, there's a column for that. It is not a jet aircraft.Wow........

However small the difference, there is in fact a difference between having jet experience and only TP experience. There is a reason they want to know how much jet time one has. There is a learning curve

Last edited:
Is this guy really trying to explain how his Saab is a jet aircraft??

Please proceed with that rationale, maybe one less in the competition column! It's a turbine airplane, there's a column for that. It is not a jet aircraft.Wow........

However small the difference, there is in fact a difference between having jet experience and only TP experience. There is a reason they want to know how much jet time one has. There is a learning curve

Look, I am sorry I misenterpreted the spirit of the question (according to FI.com). It asked for "jet-powered" aircraft and there is a sticker right on the engine that says "jet power". My knowledge of aicraft engines tell me that the engines are basically the same as a turbo-fan, but as stated before there is the high altitude stuff that I don't have experience with on a Saab.

If someone came up to me and asked if I flew a jet, I would obviously say no. I just thought the spirit of the question on the application was different than others opionion's here. I guess I won't get a call for an interview and I am not good enough to get a job at jetBlue right now. Maybe next time. I am the first to admit when I make a mistake, and I made a mistake.

Look, I am sorry I misenterpreted the spirit of the question (according to FI.com). It asked for "jet-powered" aircraft and there is a sticker right on the engine that says "jet power". My knowledge of aicraft engines tell me that the engines are basically the same as a turbo-fan, but as stated before there is the high altitude stuff that I don't have experience with on a Saab.

If someone came up to me and asked if I flew a jet, I would obviously say no. I just thought the spirit of the question on the application was different than others opionion's here. I guess I won't get a call for an interview and I am not good enough to get a job at jetBlue right now. Maybe next time. I am the first to admit when I make a mistake, and I made a mistake.

I'm not sure that you made a mistake. I doubt very much that JB will give you a hard time in the interview. Your chances are as good as any.

Don't listen to the "experts" on here. Some of the attitudes like bentover's will hopefully be weeded out in an interview.

Goodluck

I'm not sure that you made a mistake. I doubt very much that JB will give you a hard time in the interview. Your chances are as good as any.

Don't listen to the "experts" on here. Some of the attitudes like bentover's will hopefully be weeded out in an interview.

Goodluck

I appreciate that. Thank you.

ok guys explain this one for me.... I looked at my "profile overview" on the website where it listed the previous times you have applied. (for me it was 12/10 and 09/11).... and then out to the right it would say "under consideration"...... I checked it today and the it still shows the apps but instead of under consideration, it is just blank...under consideration is gone. does that mean anything??? have I been rejected???

Calls have started to go out. Relax... breathe, cool your turbo there snake. Unless you have something "bad" in your past (you know if it's bad) your not rejected... yet! You may be in the call pile now.

Good Luck man

Last edited:
ok guys explain this one for me.... I looked at my "profile overview" on the website where it listed the previous times you have applied. (for me it was 12/10 and 09/11).... and then out to the right it would say "under consideration"...... I checked it today and the it still shows the apps but instead of under consideration, it is just blank...under consideration is gone. does that mean anything??? have I been rejected???

I don't think mine's ever even said "under consideration". I was probably rejected out of hand. Oh well, not the first time (just since noon today), and I'm sure not the last.

Mine doesn't say anything either. :-(

Latest resources

Back