• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its friday before a holiday weekend. I would love a call from them today to schedule an interview. But I think there will not be calls until after Monday.

What's the growth forecast at JB? If someone did get hired, how long on reserve, how long as an FO, how long to hold something besides JFK, etc.

Thanks much!

What's the growth forecast at JB? If someone did get hired, how long on reserve, how long as an FO, how long to hold something besides JFK, etc.

Thanks much!

I obviously don't really have the answers.. But have been watching JB for a very long time..

From what I've been told and maybe others at JB can back me up.. New routes are being added. a healthy supply of a/c still planned to arrive over the next 5 years or so..

Getting hired at the beginning of this next hiring "spree" probably will decide the reserve fate. Last year I knew guys hired early on and were off reserve within months.....We'd all be FO's for a long time, no doubt.. I can definitely live with that though...

I heard BOS is just as normal to get as JFK.. west coast is pretty long wait. MCO may be doable in time?

We are taking delivery of an average of an airframe a month for the next long time. (that can change) We have to hire afew hundred a year for the next few years. (that can change) The sooner you get on the sooner you get off rsv. Guys now are getting off rsv in 3-5mo. It' took me two years, but I live in a senior base.

They told my class in 08 that we'd be off rsv in 5mo and upgrade in 4-5 yrs. That will/did not come close to happening. Hopefully these are different better times. New hires today should see much faster results.

You will get BOS or JFK. LGB and MCO are the "senior" bases. FLL somewhere in the middle. It's been said, but you'll likely hold 190 CA JFK before you see a line on the bus in LGB or MCO. I don't know if it's totally true but it's close. MCO 190 is shrinking, and MCO 320 is status quo.

It can all change tomorrow it's the airlines man, but for right now it looks good. Do some research and decide if you wanna be here.

We are taking delivery of an average of an airframe a month for the next long time. (that can change) We have to hire afew hundred a year for the next few years. (that can change) The sooner you get on the sooner you get off rsv. Guys now are getting off rsv in 3-5mo. It' took me two years, but I live in a senior base.

They told my class in 08 that we'd be off rsv in 5mo and upgrade in 4-5 yrs. That will/did not come close to happening. Hopefully these are different better times. New hires today should see much faster results.

You will get BOS or JFK. LGB and MCO are the "senior" bases. FLL somewhere in the middle. It's been said, but you'll likely hold 190 CA JFK before you see a line on the bus in LGB or MCO. I don't know if it's totally true but it's close. MCO 190 is shrinking, and MCO 320 is status quo.

It can all change tomorrow it's the airlines man, but for right now it looks good. Do some research and decide if you wanna be here.

Gladly.. Do you have a class for me to attend:beer: Let's just say JB fits very nicely into my lifestyle, schedule, junior locations, commute. Pay will do fine and a/c ....as long as I can stand up in it I'm all good baby!!

Obscure question #2:

How often would you update a current application? Currently fly about 30-40 hrs TPIC a month....Do I update bi-weekly, monthly, daily:eek:..j/j.. Normally I do it every few months, but because of the current push I want to hopefully get a chance as early as possible..

Last edited:
Probably a server error on JB side. The program that we use to: update personal info, Pay info, Benefits, etc (including writing letters of recommendation for people who just applied) is down until Monday for Scheduled MX.

Looks like any problems with that portion of the app. profile are fixed. Mine is back up and looking ok. Not sure about those rec. forms yet, but atleast everything else is kosher...

anybody knows when will the start interviews after the window closes??
class and equipment (320 or 190) ???

Thanks and good luck to all of us how applied!!!

Gladly.. Do you have a class for me to attend:beer: Let's just say JB fits very nicely into my lifestyle, schedule, junior locations, commute. Pay will do fine and a/c ....as long as I can stand up in it I'm all good baby!!

Obscure question #2:

How often would you update a current application? Currently fly about 30-40 hrs TPIC a month....Do I update bi-weekly, monthly, daily:eek:..j/j.. Normally I do it every few months, but because of the current push I want to hopefully get a chance as early as possible..

I updated my application weekly and it seemed to work out well. Most of the guys I know here did the same fwiw.

Latest resources

Back