• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're using a Mac, use the Firefox browser.

Obscure qustion #1....

Getting way ahead of myself BUT......

with JB long/short call reserve..If one lived within a 5 hr easy drive (country expressway) and had 3 morning flights and a late afternoon flight to commute on. Would it be more feasible to try to utilize a hotel or crashpad on reserve?

I'm think that with the call windows, even if I was bumped from the first 2 morning flights (6, 7:30am) I could easily make a drive and still make a 1-2pm window....And thats not counting LGA USAir flights at about 1 an hr....opinions??

Obscure qustion #1....

Getting way ahead of myself BUT......

with JB long/short call reserve..If one lived within a 5 hr easy drive (country expressway) and had 3 morning flights and a late afternoon flight to commute on. Would it be more feasible to try to utilize a hotel or crashpad on reserve?

I'm think that with the call windows, even if I was bumped from the first 2 morning flights (6, 7:30am) I could easily make a drive and still make a 1-2pm window....And thats not counting LGA USAir flights at about 1 an hr....opinions??

Crashpad for sure. While the LCR reserve is available it is rare for you to get it on your first day. Even if you get LCR on your first day you will be transitioned to short call for your next day. Something else to consider is how many day turns we do. I am JFK based so it may be different in BOS but last month i did 6 day turns. That would have been a pretty expensive hotel bill. The main reason for this is FLICA. Being bale to swap in and out of trips up to 3 hours prior (as long as the trip you are swapping into shows earlier.) leaves a lot of day turns in open time that gets assigned to reserves. A majority of which are Florida day turns as they are not as high of credit as the islands.

good to know...thanks.

On another note. was just being paranoid so I logged into my account last night to quadruple check everything is in order and my contacts forwarded their approval etc....When l tried to bring up my profile overview there is some type of server error. I tried two different computers. Not sure if it was on my end, but everything else in my account is fine. Just the finalized overview has an error code. And it looked fine earlier in the day. Looks internal to JB?

Last edited:
good to know...thanks.

On another note. was just being paranoid so I logged into my account last night to quadruple check everything is in order and my contacts forwarded their approval etc....When l tried to bring up my profile overview there is some type of server error. I tried two different computers. Not sure if it was on my end, but everything else in my account is fine. Just the finalized overview has an error code. And it looked fine earlier in the day. Looks internal to JB?

Probably a server error on JB side. The program that we use to: update personal info, Pay info, Benefits, etc (including writing letters of recommendation for people who just applied) is down until Monday for Scheduled MX.

Probably a server error on JB side. The program that we use to: update personal info, Pay info, Benefits, etc (including writing letters of recommendation for people who just applied) is down until Monday for Scheduled MX.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Hope that is the case. It would really really stink if something got messed up with some of the apps.....I stayed up most of the night waiting for the window to open to get an early time stamp. I'd hate to have that effort wasted.

I had luck with just the opposite. Safari worked when FF didn't.

Chrome on a Mac works as well.

I just print my resume / call letter as a PDF then upload it.

Anyone else have a problem with the follow up "crew rec form" said the system was down for that whole thing until the 5th...

Anyone else have a problem with the follow up "crew rec form" said the system was down for that whole thing until the 5th...

I received the e-mail and forwarded it to my helpers at JB. Not sure if they have had any problems yet... I can't access the Profile Overview tab. That is where you can see who has submitted the rec. form....the only thing that comes up in that tab is my resume/cover letter link. And the error msg for the overview portion..

Sucks to see error msgs in the application system the same day you apply:bawling: Really want it to go very smoothly..IE:interview 1 day after the window closes:D I'll keep dreaming!!

Latest resources

Back