• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the worst over at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Nolife, I read your original post in an email notice. I had no problem with it...maybe a bit blunt...but definitely honest. You have my sympathy. NJW

Being I'm one of the 85, and currently sipping powered lemonade, eating MRE's, and fully clothed in 120 degree heat...I sure as ____ hope so!

Remember, at least you're working and earning some $$$. That's my backup plan if things go/went bad at NJ. I know the reserves are ALWAYS looking for bodies to fill aircraft and will take a guy who recently retired.

Keep your head down and be safe!!

It seems like the monthlies are holding steady at current levels. The problem is of course, until the flying ratchets back up, no recalls. The one thing I'm unhappy with management for doing is the short recall window. I don't get that at all. Any of you oldsters care to explain that one to me?

Two year recall window. This recovery is going to be slow, imo, and I think two years is too short.

Was anyone ever able to figure out the reasoning as to why they did a two year limit - unlike anywhere else?

I'm guessing it was just an arbitrary number they came up with. I wish they had unlmiited recall time.

Hopefully things have bottomed out. Listening to and reading the news all I know is that

Michael Jackson finally died.

And there is supposedly several hundred billion dollars worth of commercial real estate loans coming soon that were mortgaged the same way as the housing market.

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Fast, while we're waiting for Flex folks to reply, I can think of a few...but none of them are good... :erm: BTW, was the 2 yr limit a previously established company policy or was it just decided with the recent furloughs?

I'm sorry your pilots are getting a raw deal on the recall issue. The unlimited amount at NJ and CS might be too much to hope for as an industry standard, at this point, but I wish there was at least a recognized minimum that was realistic for protracted recessions. AA gets 7 yrs.

The Flex situation does serve to reinforce to the Options pilots the need to get good furlough rules in their contract...along with the plight of their own pilots on the street....:( unfortunately. Condolences to all furloughed pilots and their families. NJW

Photo, I echo your sentiments! Fingers crossed here, too!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back