• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the worst over at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not be negative and pessimistic but not many so called analysts saw any of this coming and I don't expect them to know when the market is "Bottomed Out." Lets see what the Fall brings though I am not looking forward to it because I thinks its going to be a bloodbath! I think the ride has only just began.

I call BS here....

I am sorry, if you can't pass the ride, you don't deserve the job, ie. Colgan Air. The training center has better things to do than just bust people for the sake of doing so. Those who think this are just plain ignorant to what goes on in the school house. Everyone I have ever dealt with has been nothing but stand up individuals who hold me to the same standards as the guy next to me. Quite frankly, I don't want to fly with anyone who can't pass the ride. All they are doing is putting my lively hood and yours at risk.

They are all just a training board away from being fired.

I am sorry, if you can't pass the ride, you don't deserve the job, ie. Colgan Air. The training center has better things to do than just bust people for the sake of doing so. Those who think this are just plain ignorant to what goes on in the school house. Everyone I have ever dealt with has been nothing but stand up individuals who hold me to the same standards as the guy next to me. Quite frankly, I don't want to fly with anyone who can't pass the ride. All they are doing is putting my lively hood and yours at risk.

If this was simply about passing or failing a check ride than I agree with everything that you said in your post. The training board is being used as a weapon against people who don't "fall in line" or are "troublemakers." Atleast the guys at netjets had the intenstinel fortitude to protect their jobs. There are capts/first officers at flex that are scared $hitless and they are answering their phone in the rest time(like 2 am) amongst other things. A pilot shouldn't have worry about retribution in training if they bring up grievances about the company. You completely ignored the rest of my post the bottom line is those guys don't have any job security because they believed management would take care of them.

Last edited:
OK, here is the rest of your post. I still stand by what I said before. The TRB is just that, a training review board, consisting of the instructor who did the ride, the supervisor of training, the ACP and a regular line pilot. They review the information provided from not only the recently failed ride but also their past training history and discuss the outcome with the pilot there at the TRB. From there, the pilot tells the TRB how much time they need to be ready. Then the TRB makes their recommendation to DG. There have been times when the TRB said no to retrain and DG said yes. I have never heard of him going the other way. Also keep in mind that there is no regulatory requirement for Flex to give us a warm up then the check. The company has chosen to do this.

While it is true we do not have "protection," the training center is not the long arm of the law for management. That is where I call BS.

Those seniors guys don't even have job security. They are all just a training board away from being fired.

Also keep in mind that there is no regulatory requirement for Flex to give us a warm up then the check. The company has chosen to do this.

That's the least they can do considering what they have taken away and what you guys don't have.

I have never had any trouble with the training department. I've never felt like anybody was out to get me or trying to help management get rid of people. People that fail rides and get fired are usually people that have had training issues in the past.

Is there an agreed upon, written list of rules and procedures that Flex must follow when training questions arise so that each pilot can be assured of fair and equal treatment? If so, would one of the Flex pilots please share them with your fellow FI members so those interested could learn more about Flex. If not, would the Flex pilots prefer to have a system of due process spelled out?

Have the Flex pilots seen, or heard of, the training section in the NJ pilots' CBA? My husband is especially pleased with how it turned out. He tells me that it's very fair and one of the most pilot-friendly out there. If the Flex pilots have some type of self-help representation, council of peers, etc, you guys could check it out for possible suggestions.

Last edited:
There is a section in the manual dealing with failed check rides. There are two reasons I'm not going to post it here. One, it's a bad idea to post proprietary info on a public board like this. Two, it's too much typing. I will say that the stuff in there is about the same as at other places I've flown. I will also say you are best off showing up ready for the ride, but that is also the same everywhere.

I will also say you are best off showing up ready for the ride, but that is also the same everywhere.

LOL-when's the last time Flight Safety failed anyone whose check cleared?

Latest resources

Back