Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS SWAPA the "New" USAPA???? Arrogance abound!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
everyone seems to be missing the big picture here, this was just another ATA scenario. Just another way of doing it.

everyone seems to be missing the big picture here, this was just another ATA scenario. Just another way of doing it.

Also, they tied in a new TA for their payrates with this. So, not only does SWA lose dominance in DEN, a place to put 40 new 737s, quicker upgrades, and slots/gates in ATL, DCA, and more in LGA----they also have to continue negotiating for that ellusive TA. Good luck to them on that....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Really, both of these groups demanded unrealistic outcomes. It just amazes me. No, there shouldn't be DOH or even full relative mix, but a pure staple is just ridiculous. Why don't you let neutrals (arbitrators) figure it out? I know why: You are AFRAID of the outcome. Let people on the outside determine what is fair. Gary Kelly says "PLEASE, Ya'll. Just do it...." Nah, it won't happen, the SWA guys won't allow it.... If so, let Republic come around and beat SWA in DEN at their own game.

Bye Bye--General Lee

13,000 posts. maybe you should try eharmony.com or something.

General are you serious?

Just when I think you might have it figured out you do something like this.

Here's some news for you...Frontier is in bankruptcy. That in itself changes everything going forward. This is not a health company(like NWA) with similiar longetivy and seniority. Do you not get those facts?

These guys are close to liquidation. They can't find any financing at all. They have great employees and had a good run but its over. That's not arrogance but the facts.

Your arguements are not even close to holding water, but nice try.

Would your union stand up for the most junior pilot like SWAPA did?

What about the recent scope relief?

13,000 posts. maybe you should try eharmony.com or something.

Wow, that was a classic. You can't come up with an adequate response, so you turn to a put down, which makes you look even dumber.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General are you serious?

Just when I think you might have it figured out you do something like this.

Here's some news for you...Frontier is in bankruptcy. That in itself changes everything going forward. This is not a health company(like NWA) with similiar longetivy and seniority. Do you not get those facts?

These guys are close to liquidation. They can't find any financing at all. They have great employees and had a good run but its over. That's not arrogance but the facts.

Your arguements are not even close to holding water, but nice try.

Would your union stand up for the most junior pilot like SWAPA did?

What about the recent scope relief?

Huh? So why again did Kelly want F9? He obviously wanted it for some reason. What is classic here is that Republic will use F9 to make sure SWA loses more money in DEN. And genius, can you tell me why SWA guys wouldn't want arbitration? If F9 didn't bring anything to the table, like you say, then SWA guys wouldn't have had anything to worry about, right? Right? You bet I am right. Your facts are wrong.

And, the recent scope relief given (added 76 seaters already on order for DL) was in exchange for BETTER furlough protection for our bottom guy. Yup. It gave the bottom guys some protection that they did not have before. Is it perfect? Maybe not, but it does add pain to DL if they do decide to furlough, and guess what hotshot? They haven't decided to do that so far. Guess it works? Thanks for playing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds like the FAPA president must have known something you don't.

So many ASSumptions out there right now and NO ONE seems to have all the facts...although they think they do.

Sorry to intrude, but more details for you Piker:

We just heard from SWAPA pres. The reason FAPA couldn't make it for the 1700 call was because he was busy meeting with creditors. Their (F9)team said no go till 1930 without the boss. And deadline at 2400. Doesn't seem like he/FAPA even wanted the deal, or were they just calling Gary Kelly's bluff or did FAPA guy get sold by creditors he just met with that Republic deal was better? Who knows, but what is the job of a union president - to meet with corporate creditors at a crucial time for his membership, or to look out for his constituents at a crucial time? I bet many F9 guys feel let down. But just ASSkin Piker, what do you think the priority of a union president should be? Management, shareholders, creditors or membership?

Latest resources

Back