Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IS SWAPA the "New" USAPA???? Arrogance abound!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

I am trying to look at this from both sides. I have a lot of friends at TWA who took it in the shorts. I don't wish that on anyone especially the F9 guys/gals. However, at the same how can we as a group not protect our most junior guy? If there did happen to be a furlough as a result of the acquistion, would it be fair if it turned out to be Craig Johnson? That's the problem we have. We have to protect our own first then worry about the F9 guys. After they are on our list, they will enjoy the same protections we give to our most junior guys. I really think the problem is with our seniority based system that we all live or die by. I don't pretend to know the answers. Maybe F9 would be better off with RAH but if I were in the their position, I'm not sure if I would be willing to take that chance. One thing for sure, things are changing at F9. I wish them the best. Now, back to the Go-carts and then Silver Dollar City!

Jim

Jim,

Again, thanks for being adult about this. Some of your buddies on here cannot. Anyway, sure, you have to look out for your bottom guy, but an arbitrator wouldn't look at it that way, he/she would look at it in a fair way. That is key. If F9 didn't bring much to the table, then an arbitrator would see that and make the ruling. If they did, which appears the case here, then a staple offer would be like throwing dirt at possible future employees. Is that the way you would want to be welcomed anywhere? Sure, you have to protect your own, but throwing dirt only compounds the hatred later on. At NWA they are still mad about the redbook, greenbook deals that went on, and Kelly says he didn't want labor discord, but allows SWAPA to litterally krap on the incoming F9 pilots. That is disgraceful.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee,

the deal is off. I guess RAH and F9 can now continue along their way and SWA will continue along ours.

firstthird

General Lee,

the deal is off. I guess RAH and F9 can now continue along their way and SWA will continue along ours.

firstthird

There you have it. Well, I still think your offer suked, but now you can focus on that TA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As far as your Southwest Captain salary, I do fine where I am at, and my wife has a great job making a lot more than that herself. Thanks for caring.

Yeah, but at SWA one doesn't need a wife to make more than than them to do fine.

Your post count shows a bit of OCD, at least to me. 480 hours of posting means that you've never had a thought that you've left unexpressed.

Not the best way to go through life.

I'm no big fan of Southwest Airlines but I like SWAPA protecting junior SWA pilots from possible negative outcomes from this. No current SWA pilot should be furloughed as a result of this purchase/merger.

AWA said the same thing about USAir. That worked out REAL well for everyone.

Interesting since that was a merger not a buyout. Not apples to apples. F9 guys didn't deserve anything but a staple with pay and base protection.

Someday, you oughta check out the SEC filing. They fail to say anything about a "Merger". But hey...it's all ancient history now and they are all one big happy family!

That's the understatement of the year. Offer them a staple and then state that you're not done bargaining. :rolleyes:

Pushing the auction back to get an agreement shows how interested SWA is in this transaction. Ultimately they'll probably press forward with or without the pilots coming to an agrement.

Perhaps it's best for all involved to lock in some contractual gains with a JCBA and a seniority integration process with a date certain integrated list by either DCC or SOC.

Guess you had it all figured out ....

By the way, I talked to one of our SWAPA reps yesterday morning. FAPA pres. was supposed to be on conference call with SWAPA at 5pm evening before midnight deadline night before last. He finally got around to calling at 7:30. And then never budged from DOH or nothing. But it's SWAPA who is arrogant right?

Wonder how the average line guy is feeling today over there about union representation?

Last edited:
Guess you had it all figured out ....

By the way, I talked to one of our SWAPA reps yesterday morning. FAPA pres. was supposed to be on conference call with SWAPA at 5pm evening before midnight deadline night before last. He finally got around to calling at 7:30. And then never budged from DOH or nothing. But it's SWAPA who is arrogant right?

Wonder how the average line guy is feeling today over there about union representation?

Sounds like the FAPA president must have known something you don't.

So many ASSumptions out there right now and NO ONE seems to have all the facts...although they think they do.

It seems to me, both unions stood up for their pilots, so I can not fault them for that. In fact, I applaud both FAPA and SWAPA for looking out for their own. If there was more time to negotiate, rather than a quick, last second, get it done now, deadline, maybe the outcome would have been different. Maybe not.

Does anyone know who the presiding judge was ?

Latest resources

Back