Is Go jets still Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Hey Skippy, what is the latest with you? Job leads? Interviews?

Good luck to you, and God Bless!

cliff
GRB

No doubt, there have been gojet pilots hired at other carriers, but there is not a doubt in my mind that there have been many who have not due to the fact that they had gojet on the resume. There are simply too many pilots out there who have been negatively effected by the creation of that alter-ego company. Too many pilots who simply do not buy the argument that gojet pilots didn't do damage to a lot of pilot careers at TSA and beyond. Believe what you want but be realistic. I know pilots at a lot of carriers who, like me, check the interview lists at their respective companies. To see gojet listed on the background is a deal breaker. Period. You will not be hired. You will never even know why.

So I'm standing in line at the C con foodcourt in ORD yesterday and in front of me was GoJet guy with his flight case, which had the gold United stickers on the side. Started chatting with the guy and it turns out he is furloughed United. My question to the collective: Is this guy a scumbag for taking a job there even though that is where his job was "outsourced" to when United starting parking 100 airframes?

So I'm standing in line at the C con foodcourt in ORD yesterday and in front of me was GoJet guy with his flight case, which had the gold United stickers on the side. Started chatting with the guy and it turns out he is furloughed United. My question to the collective: Is this guy a scumbag for taking a job there even though that is where his job was "outsourced" to when United starting parking 100 airframes?

He might as well forfeit his seniority number at UA because he is contributing to its demise by working there. Why would be take a job for $20,000 per year working at the worst regional in the country when he can do other more dignified things and be home everything for at least the same amount of pay? He will get what is coming to him.

I haven't posted on this site in years, but thought I would throw my 2 cents in. My last job was 135 cargo, I am furloughed. I got into the 135 world because 121 isn't for me. My goal at the end of the road is to fly for corporate. I have been furloughed for 5 months now, and am desperate for a job. I wouldn't mind working for GoJets. Here's why. When Joe Blow the CEO of wherever company is hiring for a corporate pilot, he's not gonna care if I worked for GoJets or not. Feel free to bash me, and tell me what a scum bag I am, but I had my resume walked in there 2 weeks ago, and am keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, I have 2 very good friends at TSA. They don't feel I'm screwing them.

He might as well forfeit his seniority number at UA because he is contributing to its demise by working there. Why would be take a job for $20,000 per year working at the worst regional in the country when he can do other more dignified things and be home everything for at least the same amount of pay? He will get what is coming to him.
How exactly is he doing that? These planes are coming to Gojet whether he is there or not.
Have you not turned on the T.V. lately? There are no jobs out there. For example there is a school just got 700 applications for one janitorial position (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506772,00.html), so where are the other jobs you expect this person to work?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back