Is Go jets still Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi.

There ARE jobs out there, but you might have to go to Kenya for 6 months to get one. Or fly for Arik Air.

If you ARE a furloughed mainline guy with time on something in demand, there are LOTS of jobs, but you may have to commute to Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Africa, the Middle East, the Far East, etc.

cliff
GRB

That is just such a myopic view on the situation, and you think that it is just that easy. Well I am here to tell you its not. Because my first year pay was so low at United (I guess I lowered the bar by going there to,) I only get $340 a week from the great state of Illinois, and that's with four kids. Which is less that I would make at Gojet. My wife has M.S. so she could have an attack at any time and either have extensive unpaid leave for rehab or heaven forbid lose her job. 340 a week just doesn't cut it. Then there is the issue of currency. Once you are out for 6 months the chances of you finding another flying job are slim to none. Oh and I do have a back up and its like I said, there are no jobs out there or have you not bothered to look. Rather are waiting for Obama to save you.

The feeling is mutual

I remember the next time that I look and my federal withholdings that I am helping you live the "good life" as you put it. I'm glad (not) that Obama is there to save you and spend us into oblivion. Soon you won't have to worry about your healthcare because he will give that to you free also.

Are you by chance also furloughed from a well-known fractional company?

An inside source with Go Jet gave me the scoop. They were suppost to have several aircraft delivered in the next couple months, but the shipments got delayed, so they have put all interviews on hold. The CP has a stack of over 500 resumes already approved for interviews, if they start interviewing in the near future. Before they even get to the stack of resumes they have to offer a job to the United furloughies. That stack of 500 that are already approved are mainly furloughed Captains from many regional and even major airlines. Unless you have a lot of turbine PIC with previous 121 experience, you probably won't get into Go Jet.

But of course, what member of this site would want to go there.

It's pretty hysterical when TSA pilots start bashing GoJets contract. When THEY have the worst contract in the entire industry!!! Anyone of you Waterskiiers that have gone their in the last 5 years is a Hulas enabler and is setting the bar lower for the all of the rest of the regionals.

What, GoJet prevented you from getting a good contract? No, GoJet was going to be created regardless- it was created to get around the American Scope, not TSA scope.

Stop blaming GoJet for all of your problems. Man up, and take responsibility for your own monster that you created. You're burning your own support group every time you blame GoJet for your problems.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back