• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My other fear is that if we staple Compass, the Comair pilots will use this as a springboard to once again try and force their way on to our list, and I want no part of that.

I agree, that would be a tragedy. Fear the Comair pilot!

Your statement is not 100% correct, in that CPZ pilots not stapled to DAL list would only allow 90% of the CPZ pilots to be displaced.

I think the 100% is correct until CPZ pilots get to choose whether they want to flow-up, and only 10% are protected if they decline. Since no one has had that choice yet, I believe DAL still gets 100% until that point.

I think the 100% is correct until CPZ pilots get to choose whether they want to flow-up, and only 10% are protected if they decline. Since no one has had that choice yet, I believe DAL still gets 100% until that point.

DAL gets only 90% period whether a CPZ choose to flow or not....If a CPZ pilot is offered the flow he has 45 days to decide, if he/she decides to stay at CPZ all the flow downs flow around that CPZ pilot...

Last edited:
Heyas ACL,

The word I've been hearing is that CMR, in it's present form, is not long for this world.

Think Piedmont, but without the nitch markets and without the fall back turboprops.

It's not easy to outsource turboprop flying...not a lot of players in that market. Outsourcing RJ flying, OTOH.

Nu

Correct, I see OH going Oh Oh.
We just need to realize that packaging up CPZ and getting something for it does not solve our problems.
Why do you think we only have 15 737-700's on order? The 175 and 195 can do all of its flying.
This my friends is not an option. It is a must to keep our narrow gauge flying on property.

We are willfully giving this away. Something the company will let us do, but will let us regret it too.

DAL gets only 90% period whether a CPZ choose to flow or not....If a CPZ pilot is offered the flow he has 45 days to decide, if he/she decides to stay at CPZ all the flow downs flow around that CPZ pilot...

No CPZ pilots have been offered flowthrough, though.

Well you better make that point known. There are a few of your fellow pilots that want to splinter from the MEC, or get their own union.
After this happens you can bet that they will want to cancel the flow. (This could prove easier than you think) We at DAL would then have to allow it and not reduce the number of 76 seat jets.
This would create another CMR, that wants more flying to help the career progression.
It would get rid of a lot of financial incentive that DAL has not to furlough, as well as another piece of the CBA that makes it cost money.
Having a separate MEC is in effect a real money and career looser for anyone on either list. Look three or four steps further down the road, and if a seperate MEC is created you will just be another regional with out a flow.

As a probie FO with no vote to proxy, and working the day of my LEC meeting, there's not much I can do. I've written my reps.

The DAL pilots will need to create a real relationship with the 'regional' MEC's and the CMR and Mesaba pilots will need to learn to get a long.

CMR and XJ Pilots get along just fine. It's the DAL pilots we are concerned about.

CMR and XJ Pilots get along just fine. It's the DAL pilots we are concerned about.
Blade:
Not sure if you're CMR or XJ. But looking at things, if you're cmr, you might want to start looking for a new line of work! And thank the senior cmr types for the perdicament they put you in today

Which letter are you reading. I am trying to find the language.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back