• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the betterment of our profession.. Had we all (the "Commuter" guys) come together and sued ourselves into a staple (thereby getting the majority of the support of mainline pilots)... then this mess we're in today wouldn't exist, where 1/2 of domestic flying is done on RJ's at 1/2 the pay rates of mainline.. We replaced good mainline jobs with RJ's..

So I should have fallen on my sword for "the betterment of our profession"...Tell me, how many mainline pilots have fallen on their swords for me or our "profession". Why are we just "commuter guys"....We do the same GD job. Why are we any less equal than them? The RJ was just another airplane....It was our fellow "professionals" that made it into something other than just another airplane.....Size of aircraft shouldn't matter.

FMS-Speed said:
We got played by the ATA and airline managers.... they hung a carrot in front of a bunch of kids and told them of a "pilot shortage" so they all went into hawk so as to pay for their piloty mills... 22 years olds were flooding the new hire classes and all the while mainline was shrinking.

I didn't get played...I saw this silly game all along. It was the superior mainline pilots that got "played"....They didn't want to fly "little airplanes" or "prop planes"....Their ego got us in this mess.

FMS-Speed said:
Factoring in the merger, DAL is smaller today than it was when I came to ASA in 1998... Imagine a world where one DAL contract covered the pay of all pilots flying "Delta" passengers... I like that better than the model we have today with 7 or 8 different separate seniority lists all fighting over the scraps of growth.

This is why.

Imagine that...It would have been great, and the ASA and CMR MECs proposed it back in 2000...Ego stopped it. You can spin it any way you want, but that is what happened. If it is the same flying, then you can't honestly expect to staple a 20 year ASA or CMR pilot below a Delta newhire....Keep it separate if that's what you want.....

aight John.. peace mang.

Ad Lib, if American pilots "get it" and Delta pilots don't "get it" regarding scope...why is Delta hiring and American has over a thousand pilots on furlough and hiring is not in sight for many years...How have they done better with "job security"?
Everyone should stop and appreciate the irony of Joe Merchant sounding like he reads talking points prepared by the D-MEC.

After a three count to let that soak in. The buzz kill is, duh' the TWA merger :cartman:

You're still regurgitating this garbage? Didn't you get the memo? The Ford-Cooksey litigation died a rather unceremonious death about three years ago. Let it go. You guys went down in flames, and rightfully so.

Ignore PCL. He has become irrelevant.

He has left his signature on AirTran ALPA. It reads: 45 outsourced RJ's, including twenty 86 set jets flown by non union outsourced pilots.

Interesting interpretation of "protect Scope".

Latest resources

Back