• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Simple. As a 15 year CA at ASA you expect to hold a CRJ A slot. As a FO here at DAL I expect to hold 777A. Those are the expectations.
I know you do not like that, but that is the way that it is.
That is why CPZ is a unique situation. This banter is just that.
I am not going to argue the past with you.
With all of the energy you spend ripping ALPA a new one, don't you think you could channel it and put it to good use. You seem to have all of the answers.

Simple. As a 15 year CA at ASA you expect to hold a CRJ A slot. As a FO here at DAL I expect to hold 777A. Those are the expectations.
I know you do not like that, but that is the way that it is.

Simple? OK...How about Delta merging with Midwest or Air Tran....Using your logic, they should just be stapled....Is that your position?

In addition, using your logic, do you "expect to hold a CL900 captain seat?

I agree that I have absolutely NO expectation of holding a B777 captain seat....I wonder why you have an expectation of holding a 700/900 seat....Double standard maybe?

ACLPilot said:
That is why CPZ is a unique situation. This banter is just that.
I am not going to argue the past with you.
With all of the energy you spend ripping ALPA a new one, don't you think you could channel it and put it to good use. You seem to have all of the answers.

You are the one that seems to have all the answers...I used to be an ALPA cheerleader, but forgive me if I've seen the light...ALPA first started giving lip service to the scope issue in 1995....and now 14 years later we are still having the same debates and are further apart then we were then...I am not impressed.....

What do MEH and AAI fly Joe? IMHO airframes that have comparable pay and seat size. As with AS I would expect those guys to be slotted in with pilots with similar seniority in the stove pipe effect.
Hence 73N and the m88, and 717. Those guys expect to be a 717 A, etc. They will get to be a 777A but they will not go ahead of someone that is occupying their current seat in a stove pipe.

Joe's about as thick as anyone out there. At least his ignorance is actually helping our cause in garnering support.

Heyas,

Concurrent resolutions in Councils 1 and 20 would go a long way to shoring this up.

Does anyone want to carry this ball in MSP and/or DTW?

Nu

I think superpilot is presenting it in MEM and supposedly CPZ has a resolution rising through their ranks to support our version (so long as someone doesnt start grabbing for stuff).

I'll make some phone calls to some of my n-dub buddies in DTW and see if someone want's in.

What do MEH and AAI fly Joe? IMHO airframes that have comparable pay and seat size. As with AS I would expect those guys to be slotted in with pilots with similar seniority in the stove pipe effect.
Hence 73N and the m88, and 717. Those guys expect to be a 717 A, etc. They will get to be a 777A but they will not go ahead of someone that is occupying their current seat in a stove pipe.

Well said. Joe always wants to push this ridiculous "W2 integration" method, in which SLI is done by comparing W2s and slotting pilots in with similar W2 wages. Of course, this ridiculous method would slot a bunch of senior RJ lifers in front of a bunch of mainline FOs. He completely ignores the fact that the career expectations of an RJ lifer are to fly his RJ for the rest of his life. :rolleyes:

I think you guys have a great idea on the CPZ integration. I hope everyone realizes that it will definitely take significant bargaining leverage, but I also think it will produce real dividends in recapturing lost flying. This could be the first step in fixing the outsourcing nightmare. Good luck.

It was my understanding some of the CMR guys wanted DOH or something rediculous like that. Am I off base here?

CPZ would be a strict staple job, or no go.

I don't think you'd find any opposition within the CPZ pilot ranks regarding a strict staple. The expectation was to hopefully one day flow up into Delta, a staple to us is just the guarantee... a guarantee we'd be mighty grateful to have.

Not true....I've stated that IF you choose to want a staple, then I will shoot for DOH...neither is fair in this situation...

Joe, during the recent DAL/NWA integraqtion you said the appropriate form is seniority integration at ALPA ought to be DOH.

But now we also have you on record stating that you thought you ought to be senior to some Delta pilots if you were integrated.

I don't think you'd find any opposition within the CPZ pilot ranks regarding a strict staple. The expectation was to hopefully one day flow up into Delta, a staple to us is just the guarantee... a guarantee we'd be mighty grateful to have.

If Joe Merchant and the RJDC seniority thieves had been as reasonable and realistic adecade ago perhaps progres could have been made on this over the last 10 years.

Latest resources

Back