• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Dalpa gave Comair Shi* for wanting a PID! You guys are SOOO behind the curve. Oh, and by the way, Comair has been selected to handle crew scheduling operations for Compass. You heard it here first. Be careful what you ask for.

ASA/CMR attempted to dictate terms to the Delta pilots and force an unjustified PID. The PID was denied because it was uncalled for. There was no merger, therefore no need for a PID.

Outsourcing crew scheduling? Wow. File that single carrier petition today. That's almost as significant as having DAL napkins onboard CMR aircraft.:laugh:

ASA/CMR attempted to dictate terms to the Delta pilots and force an unjustified PID. The PID was denied because it was uncalled for. There was no merger, therefore no need for a PID.

FDJ2,

Can you tell me what terms ASA/CMR were trying to dictate?

701EV

It was my understanding some of the CMR guys wanted DOH or something rediculous like that. Am I off base here?

CPZ would be a strict staple job, or no go.

It was my understanding some of the CMR guys wanted DOH or something rediculous like that. Am I off base here?

CPZ would be a strict staple job, or no go.

The PID was to be done in accordance with ALPA merger policy...not DOH....DOH is a lie that the Delta MEC spread to rally the troops...and it worked....

It was the chain of events Joe. Not the PID but the lawsuit and its effects on the entire situation.
You know that. It is the actions of some that negatively effected the profession.
I am not going to go in to mud slinging mode, but you know what I am referring to.
It did not start out about money, it was about seniority integration. That changed. We cannot let this happen this time around. No one will stand for it.
It is time to learn from our mistakes instead of perfecting them the second time around.

What about the PID did you oppose? I do not know "what you are referring to"....you need to be more specific.

The PID was to be done in accordance with ALPA merger policy...not DOH....DOH is a lie that the Delta MEC spread to rally the troops...and it worked....

Joe, you've stated before that seniority integration should be done by DOH.

I opposed the demands of a few. You can do the merger of a mainline and its regional partner anyway you want. Career expectations make anything but a staple a pipe dream. I knew this when I was on the other side of then fence.

Joe, you've stated before that seniority integration should be done by DOH.

Not true....I've stated that IF you choose to want a staple, then I will shoot for DOH...neither is fair in this situation....The best solution is something that protects BOTH sides....Your side doesn't want that...It wants all the upside without the downside...

ALPA merger policy is not DOH....

I opposed the demands of a few. You can do the merger of a mainline and its regional partner anyway you want. Career expectations make anything but a staple a pipe dream. I knew this when I was on the other side of then fence.

What "demands"....? The PID would have been done in accordance with ALPA merger policy which would not have been DOH.....

How do you define "career expectations", and how should a merger be carried out in accordance with "career expectations"?

Latest resources

Back