• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we staple Compass, the company will screw us somehow. They have a lot better lawyers than us and will exploit some loophole to use it against us. I've almost given up on the negotiating process. We always lose. It used to be we would gain a little with every contract signed resulting in big gains over 3 or 4 contracts. Now we lose a little with every contract signed resulting in pathetic contracts over the long term. Things that come to mind are preferential bidding, salaries, work rules, our stock from the merger that we still do not have in our posession, etc. A week vacation used to be able to get you 25 days off/month. Now a week vacation only gets us about 18 days off/month. It's just little things like this that have made me lose faith in our lawyers. I am for putting all 76-seaters at Delta, but I am afraid stapling Compass will bite us in the ass in some way. It will be a new precedent having the exact same airframes flying at mainline and the regionals at the same time. If we do staple Compass, we need to get the Shuttle 175's also. I am adament though about not letting any regional pilot into the middle of our list. They should all start at the bottom. I don't care how many years they put in at the regional level. I have a lot of fears with this proposition.

Ummmmm....

You guys are going to have Compass WAGES on your seniority list? Ummmm....

Does this now mean that many of you won't have the option to work elsewhere during a "furlough" (with recall rights) because you still have a (much lower paying) job still on your property/seniority list?

Mike Campbell & the rest of the Ford & Harrison team will think of every angle...hope you will too

And Dalpa gave Comair Shi* for wanting a PID! You guys are SOOO behind the curve. Oh, and by the way, Comair has been selected to handle crew scheduling operations for Compass. You heard it here first. Be careful what you ask for.

And DALPA gave Comair Shi* for wanting a PID! You guys are SOOO behind the curve. Oh, and by the way, Comair has been selected to handle crew scheduling operations for Compass. You heard it here first. Be careful what you ask for.

If you have not figured it out, they are parting out Comair. There will be nothing left of Oh except pilots and FA's. Everyone one else will have a job at a different division when they shut the doors.

You heard it here first.

We can resolve all we want, but let's face it, its still the Delta HR people who control the seniority list.

DAL Inc. gets to decide if there will be an integration. Seniority integration is controlled by the MEC or MEC's.

Aside from the fact that the number of 76 seaters would be further limited by this resolution, the more important thing is that it stops the upcoming battle over 100 seaters, such as the E195, and how and where they will be flown.

DALPA owns ALL flying above 76 seats now, including the E195. It would only be a battle if someone attempted to negotiate it away.

Joe, simply put, if you take all of the politics out of it et al. I wanted to see more progress than was made with EV, OH and DL. Where things went is not where I wanted them to go. The aftermath and subsequent lawsuits set this profession back a lot. Place blame where you will, but the fact is that it fractured ALPA.

There was damage done. When it became about money, IMHO, the lawsuit and subsequent settlement lost the true thrust at which the whole process what started.

I fear a few people not learning about really transpired and pushing forward are going to repeat the same mistakes that were made. It may sound circumspect, but you know exactly what I am
inferring.

The RJDC lawsuit is/was separate from the ASA and CMR MECs filing a PID for a single list. What was handled wrong about the PID....The lawsuit was a result of the PID not being acted on.

I fail to see how the PID and subsequent lawsuit "set the profession back a lot"...That was done by the failure of ALPA to establish true brand scope even after "studying" it since 1995....

It was the chain of events Joe. Not the PID but the lawsuit and its effects on the entire situation.
You know that. It is the actions of some that negatively effected the profession.
I am not going to go in to mud slinging mode, but you know what I am referring to.
It did not start out about money, it was about seniority integration. That changed. We cannot let this happen this time around. No one will stand for it.
It is time to learn from our mistakes instead of perfecting them the second time around.

You guys are going to have Compass WAGES on your seniority list? Ummmm....

Does this now mean that many of you won't have the option to work elsewhere during a "furlough" (with recall rights) because you still have a (much lower paying) job still on your property/seniority list?

Mike Campbell & the rest of the Ford & Harrison team will think of every angle...hope you will too

If this happens it will be negotiated and so will the wages and scope. If the company decides on its own to merge Compass with DAL, they'll be a JCBA, where pay and scope will be dealt with.

Latest resources

Back