• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Informational Stapling Compass to Delta Website

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How will this actually "meaningfully" help the situation? It is 36 RJs out 500. It is a drop in the bucket. Would it not allow them to simply outsource some additional RJ's. Since the 36 moved to Delta would no longer be calculated in the outsourced total.

It is unfortunate that there is no push to recapture ALL RJ flying. And don't tell me that this is a good start. It will likely be the end of any significant effort. It is very transparent. The 175 simply "looks" like it fits in. In your opinion the CR2-7-9 don't, and therefor you will not waist any energy recapturing the inferior flying.

Prove me wrong.

You may not have that level of patience.
We scope based on seats. Not airframes. That is what others that are fighting us want. Type Certificate scope.
If that happens your dreams of a major airline job will be gone for at least another 10 years.
Every RJ you see is one less jet at mainline. That is 10 bodies.

I have no 'dog in this fight' but it has always amazed me how pilots completely miss the financial side of the equation. Pinnacle was owned by NW at one time too and then spun off in an IPO. At the time of the IPO PCL was 30% of NW domestic capacity. That IPO eventually paid over 600 million to NW. Pinnacle's pilots would have had to work for free for a long time to match that. Part of that 600 million was used to fund NW pension plans and that bought the NW pilots off. It is a classic Dick Anderson exercise.

He is starting to turn his attention to the 'regional' side of the operation at the new Delta and the picture of the future is starting to come clear. With 'Regional Handling Services' taking over ground handling for the majority of the DCI network the DCI carriers will become essentially ACMI contractors. Ground handling has been the highest profit margin part of the regional business. Maybe DAL will keep it, maybe they will spin it off like they did Global. There will be a big payday if they do.

What will Anderson do with all the ACMI 'regional' carriers he owns? He has bought and sold Mesaba before. NW bought it once again at a fire sale when the opportunity unexpectedly presented itself. When Compass was formed NW made it clear it would eventually be sold in an IPO. His problem is CMR. He has to find a way to unload a property no one wants. It could be merged into one of the other ACMI carriers. More likely it will be parted out with the 70+ seat AC, and possibly some 50 seat AC, going to Mesaba. This will significantly increase the value of an IPO. The rump of CMR will then be slowly whittled away. When the RAH contract with DAL expires those AC will be replaced with new 175's placed at Compass.

How ever it works out, there will eventually be at least two IPO's. Compass, with 72 ERJ's and a long term service agreement is valued by Wall Street at around 750 million. Mesaba's IPO will be in that ball park too. That's 1.5 billion pilots will need to pony up if they want to put these jobs on the DAL seniority list.

If they aren't willing to pay that, and I doubt they are, they need to start thinking of new structures and agreements that will address each pilot group's needs. The DAL pilots will need to create a real relationship with the 'regional' MEC's and the CMR and Mesaba pilots will need to learn to get a long.

I'm glad I don't 'have a dog in that fight'.

Last edited:
I think superpilot is presenting it in MEM and supposedly CPZ has a resolution rising through their ranks to support our version (so long as someone doesnt start grabbing for stuff).

I'll make some phone calls to some of my n-dub buddies in DTW and see if someone want's in.

I have sent it to my reps and gone back and forth with them on this but i cant be there at the MEM meeting. I am flying but I am trying to find someone who can be there and will take a proxy for me.

I have no 'dog in this fight' but it has always amazed me how pilots completely miss the financial side of the equation. Pinnacle was owned by NW at one time too and then spun off in an IPO. At the time of the IPO PCL was 30% of NW domestic capacity. That IPO eventually paid over 600 million to NW. Pinnacle's pilots would have had to work for free for a long time to match that. Part of that 600 million was used to fund NW pension plans and that bought the NW pilots off. It is a classic Dick Anderson exercise.

He is starting to turn his attention to the 'regional' side of the operation at the new Delta and the picture of the future is starting to come clear. With 'Regional Handling Services' taking over ground handling for the majority of the DCI network the DCI carriers will become essentially ACMI contractors. Ground handling has been the highest profit margin part of the regional business. Maybe DAL will keep it, maybe they will spin it off like they did Global. There will be a big payday if they do.

What will Anderson do with all the ACMI 'regional' carriers he owns? He has bought and sold Mesaba before. NW bought it once again at a fire sale when the opportunity unexpectedly presented itself. When Compass was formed NW made it clear it would eventually be sold in an IPO. His problem is CMR. He has to find a way to unload a property no one wants. It could be merged into one of the other ACMI carriers. More likely it will be parted out with the 70+ seat AC, and possibly some 50 seat AC, going to Mesaba. This will significantly increase the value of an IPO. The rump of CMR will then be slowly whittled away. When the RAH contract with DAL expires those AC will be replaced with new 175's placed at Compass.

How ever it works out, there will eventually be at least two IPO's. Compass, with 72 ERJ's and a long term service agreement is valued by Wall Street at around 750 million. Mesaba's IPO will be in that ball park too. That's 1.5 billion pilots will need to pony up if they want to put these jobs on the DAL seniority list.

If they aren't willing to pay that, and I doubt they are, they need to start thinking of new structures and agreements that will address each pilot group's needs. The DAL pilots will need to create a real relationship with the 'regional' MEC's and the CMR and Mesaba pilots will need to learn to get a long.

I'm glad I don't 'have a dog in that fight'.

I thinks this makes the point you guys are missing. CPZ was built up to be "sold" that is the whole point. This is straight out of NWA's tired old playbook, just blow the dust off it.

CPZ can't be sold. If CPZ is sold, there are very strict penalties involved. I barked up this tree many times when CPZ was being created.

As far as us not caring about the CRJ2-9.... that is very short sighted. Notice that we aren't vying for the RAH 170/5's yet either? These are first steps!

I see why everyone at DL would like this, but why would anyone at Compass want to be stapled to DL. When DL furloughs all at Compass will be on the steet and DL pilots will be in those seats for a long time

I see why everyone at DL would like this, but why would anyone at Compass want to be stapled to DL. When DL furloughs all at Compass will be on the steet and DL pilots will be in those seats for a long time

Hate to tell you, but this what happens anyway...

Nu

Latest resources

Back