• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In house negotiating committee at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All right already. Enough talk about ALPA. Let's see what happens with the vote. Does anyone know when the deadline for filling out the cards is? When will they make a decision if this thing goes to another vote?

All right already. Enough talk about ALPA. Let's see what happens with the vote. Does anyone know when the deadline for filling out the cards is? When will they make a decision if this thing goes to another vote?

There is no deadline. When enough cards come in, the petition will be filed with the NMB. After that, it takes about 30-60 days for the NMB to hold the election. So, if you want this over with, send in your card and encourage everyone you know to send in their cards.

Just ask Comai, Mesa, MEsaba, Continental( I can keep going) how they like ALPA

I think you'll find that the vast majority of the pilots at the above mentioned airlines are supportive of ALPA. You'll find a few angry malcontents at any airline, but most of the pilots at ALPA carriers are supportive. I spent a day in LGA last week for a Colgan event and talked with every single Republic pilot that came through the food court. Every single one of them complained about the Teamsters, specifically in reference to the latest issue with seniority rights. Pilots need a pilots' union to represent them; not a truckers' union.

Alpa Now

We need a truly professional pilot's union...ALPA. Look at the facts, ask questions. Through that process you will see that we need ALPA now.

Just ask Comai, Mesa, MEsaba, Continental( I can keep going) how they like ALPA

Glad you asked. I work for Comair.

Delta dragged Comair into bankruptcy and used the legal system to drive down labor costs (wages to you and I). Despite a legal system that is badly slanted against labor, our MEC managed to keep full pay for nearly a year and a half, and when we did take a pay cut it turned out to be about half of what the company wanted. In addition, we will all get a bankruptcy claim payout that should add up to more than we lost over the course of the new contract. If we should decide to leave, we keep the money. During that time ALPA gave the Comair MEC a $1 million grant for Family Awareness events and to open the Strike Preparedness Center.

Without ALPA we would have taken what the company gave us, which wasn't much.

Don't get me wrong, given the choice I would rather have not been put through the bankruptcy process, and our MEC made some mistakes (most notably sending the company's first proposal to a vote), but overall they did a pretty good job. I still didn't vote for the pay cut, but without ALPA it would have been a lot worse.

Here is some reality for everyone! MESA and the other examples have been used to dispel the union. People say "I talked too so and so and they hate it" or "They have not done anything for us" blah blah blah.

Did anyone ever stop to think that these guys came into an airline with ALPA already running the show. They have 0 clue about what life would be like without a union let alone ALPA.

I don't think we can use these cases as everyone always sees the greener side of things or worse, the dark side of the union. But without it then see how much they would like it.

You can't compare these groups to us. We are in a world of Sh*t so to speak --at brief times-- and anything would be better.

Think about it.

Get the kid out of the lav....... Umm I know rock the airplane? If on the ground pump it full of bluejuice.
O wait use your pen open the lock and expose his meat jerking butt to the rest of the cabin!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back