• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's good you won't have KR taking that away The difference is FJ guys have always been well compensated they didn't have to depend on the Atlantic Bucks to fund the family vacation or buy xmas presents for the kids like flops pilots did. After KR is done with the FJ guys salaries you will be ripping off the company at all the atlantics you can

It was recently made aware on the union message board that there is a Flight Options pilot that made the transfer to FlexJet. Apparently this pilot is speaking mis-information about the way a seniority integration would happen. He is going around bragging that when integrated that he will jump seniority over all the FlexJet guys, and that the FlexJet guys will be screwed.

Make no mistake about it, everyone will know very shortly who this pilot is, and he won't enjoy that fact.

Please do not listen to this pilot, do not believe this pilot. He is either doing one of two things, he is working for KR spreading lies, or he is an arrogant self centered pr*k.
If he does talk to you, and spreads his FUD, please call a union leader, get the correct information.

He has all ready pissed enough Flex pilots off, please do not let him continue.

It was recently made aware on the union message board that there is a Flight Options pilot that made the transfer to FlexJet. Apparently this pilot is speaking mis-information about the way a seniority integration would happen. He is going around bragging that when integrated that he will jump seniority over all the FlexJet guys, and that the FlexJet guys will be screwed.

Make no mistake about it, everyone will know very shortly who this pilot is, and he won't enjoy that fact.

Please do not listen to this pilot, do not believe this pilot. He is either doing one of two things, he is working for KR spreading lies, or he is an arrogant self centered pr*k.
If he does talk to you, and spreads his FUD, please call a union leader, get the correct information.

He has all ready pissed enough Flex pilots off, please do not let him continue.

Dedicated Crews do away with seniority. Flexjet pilots have accepted this reality. Now we (Flexjet) are going to do our best to assimilate into KR's new vision of "RL" and his desire that we move towards a merit based industry. So this pilot can yack about seniority all he wants, it doesn't matter anymore, Flex doesn't recognize seniority anymore.

Btw slow, your fleet is shrinking too. You will soon be left with the same choice. We all are in this boat together.

Dedicated Crews do away with seniority. Flexjet pilots have accepted this reality. Now we (Flexjet) are going to do our best to assimilate into KR's new vision of "RL" and his desire that we move towards a merit based industry. So this pilot can yack about seniority all he wants, it doesn't matter anymore, Flex doesn't recognize seniority anymore.

Btw slow, your fleet is shrinking too. You will soon be left with the same choice. We all are in this boat together.

I will guarantee you it is "Over" if the Flexjet pilots just roll over and give up. The other option is to organize and fight it. We have repeatedly told you guys that this sort of thing would happen, but nobody wanted to believe us. Look, we don't want to appear smug and say we told you so, but unfortunately you're faced with a simple choice... Give Up or Organize. The Options pilots have made their choice, what will the Flexjet pilots decide? Will you stand up and fight with us, or will you give up and drag all of One Sky's pilots down with you?

EL

Why are you rolling over like this? Do you not have any desire to stand up for yourself or your fellow pilots? Don't give up now. If not for yourself stand up for your family.

I will not be left with the same choice. I have chosen to fight and will fight until the day comes that working for KR without a contract means that my career at Options has come to an end. Because that day will be the day that I will find other employment. Working at Options without a union and a contract will not happen for me. I will find another job. Say what you want but I mean it. Resumes are all ready going out.

Now here is your chance either roll over and die or stand up and fight for something you believe. Here is your chance.

http://ibt1108.org/Docs/IBT Airline Division Representation Card - Local 1108.pdf

Stand up for yourself. Fill the card out and send it in. Why be a patsy and sit around watching your life get destroyed at work. Fight for what you believe.

I will guarantee you it is "Over" if the Flexjet pilots just roll over and give up. The other option is to organize and fight it. We have repeatedly told you guys that this sort of thing would happen, but nobody wanted to believe us. Look, we don't want to appear smug and say we told you so, but unfortunately you're faced with a simple choice... Give Up or Organize. The Options pilots have made their choice, what will the Flexjet pilots decide? Will you stand up and fight with us, or will you give up and drag all of One Sky's pilots down with you?

You don't understand, KR is shrinking both companies to a size that will force us to choose between a furlough or transfer to Red Label. He's killing your Union with numbers and has divided our pilot group by playing on the greed of those on the lower end of the seniority list.

You guys should have petitioned the moment you heard of dedicated crews. Neverthless, my advise is to get onboard before one of our backstabbing FOs becomes your captain.

It does this whenever it's told...

The choice is yours collectively as the pilot group. But if you agree that our predictions have started to come true, let me give you a bit more wisdom from our experience. We all heard Kenn's talks back in the day - at indoc and at company meetings, back when we were all a lot younger, more energetic and excited to be part of a new and growing industry. We wanted to be part of the team, to work hard, to take tough situations in hand with little support and make things work for the customer.

We listened to the talk, went out and tried, and expected the support and reward we were told we'd have. Except it didn't quite play out that way. When things fell apart - the plane broke, the catering or transportation never got ordered by OCC, we were sent to the wrong FBO or given the wrong show time - we were asked to do things we all knew were wrong. Lie to the customer, carry a squawk ('Do you think you can work with that for a bit? We'll get you in tonight. We don't have a back up if you break'). We were left trying to explain lies to our owners from HQ, or thrown under the bus and blamed for something we had nothing to do with.

If we'd been treated and compensated better, maybe even this would have been liveable. But at the same time, we saw our pay and working conditions erode compared to the rest of the industry. The company never had enough to raise the pay scales more that a token amount. Put in a long rest period for a late start next day, we were expected to be rested and available for flying late, but also to answer the phone for duty after min rest first thing next morning. We'd ask our management pilots, who should have known better, how do we plan for this, when do we go to bed? Not their problem. Crew meals not ordered, sorry, no time to eat for you today. The Hilton was full, Days Inn tonight. And no one at CGF ever accountable for any of it.

And the real kick in the nuts was that working hard, serving the customer and trying to do the right thing was not what they meant by 'merit'. Doing that just made you a 'non-team player,' because you made waves and asked that your 'support team' actually be accountable for what they were supposed to do. The guys rewarded for 'merit' were the ones who would carry squawks, lie to the customer, throw their crewmates under the bus, and do whatever they were asked.

That's the life you'll be signing up for. Like we've said before, it won't happen quickly. It's like boiling a frog. Little by little you'll be asked to compromise your principles, and in a couple of years you'll look at yourself in the mirror one day and ask, how did I come to this. If this is what you're willing to live with, then there's nothing more to say. Sorry that this turned into a bit of a long rant, but I thought it needed saying. While all the above happened, KR and his associates grew rich.

... Or else it gets the hose again.

Last edited:
El Raton, both companies are so busy everyday that they both need more people not less. Quit listening to KR's nonsense. He's a liar. Stand together or die alone. After we were all threatened yesterday on Yammer they have lost the group. Flex Pilots should know now if not before what is coming for them if they don't stand together.

Latest resources

Back