• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm done. (NWA/DAL)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares? It doesn't matter when you were hired. What matters is that after this mess is sorted out you can have a position that is relatively close to what you had going in. The DAL proposal does that. We will see in a week what the NWA proposal is, but DOH doesn't even come close to keeping everyone relatively close to where they are at now. I'm waiting to see what conditions and restirctions the NWA guys propose before I make any decision on which proposal is the fairest. Maybe a DOH list with conditions and restrictions will work, we'll see in a week.

That's exactly what we westies (AWA) thought...

And all of you just proved FmrFreightDog's point. This thread just turned into another pissing match. Nice Job.

It's hard for pilots to admit they have no control over anything but "We Have No Control Over This!". Each side believes they have a case for this or the other but you're never going to convince the other side you're right. That's why this is being arbitrated. A negotiated settlement may still occur but only when one side gets the prod from the arbitrators and realizes it's position is not possible.

This is two great companies merging wehther we like it or not. Each brings it's own set of strengths and weaknesses. I've flown for both and appreciate the history and good people on each side. The rhetoric here will only get stronger as Nov 22 approaches and there may be a nuclear explosion when the list comes out. When the dust settles let's just hope this combination helps bring some stability to this rollercoaster career, especially through what looks like a large scale global slowdown.

Either way the list will stand, as we all voted for.
I know I am eagerly awaiting it. What I do in the near term depends on how this list is stacked.

Or the making money part....how much was that DAL profit this quarter?

From the quarterly report:
"Delta said it is expecting a small loss in the fourth quarter, and is already starting to see "a little bit of demand softening" in its lucrative international business."

Sounds more like AIG....expand into bankruptcy.

Nu

That is ridiculous. You know it too. And, you will be a part of this company soon also, and Ed Bastain (the CFO giving the financial report of our 3rd Q losses) will be your CEO until our certificates are merged. As far as money losses also, your cargo business didn't do great last year, and that may give you a hint at possible future plans. We shall see.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Wait to see all of the numbers. There are a ton of one time items that they are costing out.
CNXed contracts, and merger fees and expenses. Remember DAL is paying the lion's share of all of these fees. They are also reimbursing ALPA for all related fees as well.
Not great but from what I am hearing we are looking at a wide loss for the year. (Read 100's of millions)

How about being relatively close to pre-merger % 10 years from now?
Not hardly. Within 10 years the DAL proposal goes from approx. 1.6:1 to 4:1 in favor of DAL. After that it gets to 5:1 in favor of DAL. THAT won't fly. Nope.
Now you're talkin....:beer:

Did USAir East get any of that? DOH with fences etc won't fly, and we both have large chunks of retirements coming up---yours is a bit sooner, though. Hey, we will all benefit from those.

Bye Bye--General Lee

87 percent or so of NWA pilots voted it to be settled this way so they made their own bed, only 56% or so of DAL pilots voted for this way. Hopefully they(NWA) will remember that, so in 25yrs I don't have to here about how I got screwed in the merger somewhere over the Atlantic.

87 percent or so of NWA pilots voted it to be settled this way so they made their own bed, only 56% or so of DAL pilots voted for this way. Hopefully they(NWA) will remember that, so in 25yrs I don't have to here about how I got screwed in the merger somewhere over the Atlantic.

How many Delta pilots voted for LOA19? I believe it was somewhere around 90 percent. In 25 years, I will remember how the Delta pilots screwed us all by negotiating a contract without us.

Ya but Loa 19 didn't have anything to do with How the SLI would be solved. That is just stupid to bring up Loa 19 and the SLI process we are in right now in the same sentence. Once again you(NWA Pilots by voting 87%) made your own bed live with it.

Latest resources

Back