I'm done. (NWA/DAL)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JFK reserve

JFK reserve (actually going from 8 days a month to 6 days a month for INTL short call at the DCC) can be interesting, and you may find yourself in Cape Town, South Africa one week, and Berlin the next. Probably a lot more exciting than other types of reserve out there that you have to commute to. (DTW DC9?)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Middle of the road? Come on now. DOH is reaching for the Moon, and USAir East found that out. Maybe if we said "Staple them" we could come to the "middle of the road"---which looks a lot like relative seniority, after special items. (the DC9s are special, since they are on chopping block now---the -30s, not to mention the 742s we all KNOW are gone soon)

But hey, other than that, I can't wait until this is all over. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest rumor mill says that 30 more DC9-30's will be staying around.
Consider that we just had the Feb APE awards released, my guess is that those aircraft will be the spring buildup of summer flying.
Sir Richard knows that the value of the DC9 is that they are ready lift and can be stored with no bank payments and pulled from the desert at a moments notice when needed to supplement flying.
Fuel is not such a big consideration when compared to an $8000/day narrow body lease rate on new airframes.

Middle of the road? Come on now. DOH is reaching for the Moon, and USAir East found that out. Maybe if we said "Staple them" we could come to the "middle of the road"---which looks a lot like relative seniority, after special items. (the DC9s are special, since they are on chopping block now---the -30s, not to mention the 742s we all KNOW are gone soon)

But hey, other than that, I can't wait until this is all over. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Like i said i am waiting for the middle of the road. I wasnt suggesting that DOH was "middle of the road". Both sides could be considered extremes and it will likely fall somewhere in the middle of both Suggestions.

The last part of you post i 100% agree, lets get this over with.

Latest rumor mill says that 30 more DC9-30's will be staying around.
Consider that we just had the Feb APE awards released, my guess is that those aircraft will be the spring buildup of summer flying.
Sir Richard knows that the value of the DC9 is that they are ready lift and can be stored with no bank payments and pulled from the desert at a moments notice when needed to supplement flying.
Fuel is not such a big consideration when compared to an $8000/day narrow body lease rate on new airframes.

That would put an interesting twist especially if the Dal side decides to fence them. ;)

There is a lot going on. I think that a lot of people are going to have their jaw's drop when all of the behind the scenes work comes out.

You are dead on as always OCCAM. Looking for Nov 1st now. Get ready here it comes.

Just curious to see if anyone else knew that it moved.

Michael B. Mukasey, a dozen folks on his staff, the attorneys hired by DAL to handle the petition, and a couple of poobahs at Fort Widget.

...and me. :pimp:

Latest resources

Back