Hudson Ditching Left Engine Running at 35%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is very interesting.

I seriously was wondering why he didn't go for runway 11 at Newark. If you look where he put it down, I think he easily could have made 11 in Newark.

Especially if he had engine thrust on one engine.

Heck, he could even pull a CAL, and land on the taxiway for 11 in EWR. It is slightly closer than the runway. LOL

Very interesting.

That is very interesting.

I seriously was wondering why he didn't go for runway 11 at Newark. If you look where he put it down, I think he easily could have made 11 in Newark.

Especially if he had engine thrust on one engine.

Heck, he could even pull a CAL, and land on the taxiway for 11 in EWR. It is slightly closer than the runway. LOL

Very interesting.

I agree.

That should have been enough thrust in order for "sully" to make it to TEB or back to LGA.

A high bypass engine make all its thrust in the last 20% N1. 35 % would not even get the thing taxiing on one engine. He was smart to leave it running for hydraulics. And less flaps on landing was smart also!! he did a great job for only having 3 minutes!!

A high bypass engine make all its thrust in the last 20% N1. 35 % would not even get the thing taxiing on one engine.

Um, ever hear of breakaway thrust? Or is that just something jet pilots know about!LOL

Isn't it interesting how "Brown-on-his-bone", "Instructor-Doosh", and "Poke-her-hole Pylit" all post back-to-back...........

:confused:

Latest resources

Back