• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to Earn Respect as an Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL73cap, I got nothing bad to say about your posts other than to say that most FO's that I know are well dressed and up to par. I just flew with a captain that was picking ear wax out of his ears and flicking it around the cockpit. I looked at him and said that's pretty disgusting and his response was, "mind your own business and make that position report". A real pleasure. So it's on both fronts, not just FO's. Other than that, you're correct.

If you like the orginal post... then consider the ALPA Code of Ethics..... The golden days are of the Ethics...

The ALPA pilots who adhere to the ALPA CoE are few and far between. Why don't you post them so we can debate them...No...that would be a thread hijack...Post a new thread.

The young men and women...mostly men...who I train each week won't wear their hat because it messes up their hair gel. I'm not joking. The young ladies mostly wear theirs. But, I have difficulty with a young woman in a masculine uniform complete with traditional tie.

T8

The ALPA pilots who adhere to the ALPA CoE are few and far between. Why don't you post them so we can debate them
Debate them? What's to debate? Is your ALPA hatred so severe that you can't even agree with a common sense set of ethics?

Debate them? What's to debate? Is your ALPA hatred so severe that you can't even agree with a common sense set of ethics?

I think you misunderstand me. ALPA's CoE is excellant. I agree with them. But ALPA CoE adherence at ALPA, and by ALPA pilots (especially who post on this site) is minimal. It's good stuff, but nobody takes it seriously. Based on the vitriol I've seen on this board by ALPA pilots like yourself, I think my post is accurate. What a difference there would be if ALPA pilots adhered to their own CoE! Unfortunately, they "talk the talk," but don't "walk the walk."

Perhaps you would like me to search the site to find some of your posts and do a comparative with the ALPA CoE as it pertains to conduct of affairs with members of the profession?

Point is this. If you, as an ALPA member, really believed the ALPA CoE and followed them, I think your posts on this site would be quite different. Unfortunately, I think most ALPA pilots view them as propoganda.

But please....prove me wrong.

T8

Reality Check?

I think you misunderstand me. ALPA's CoE is excellant. I agree with them. But ALPA CoE adherence at ALPA, and by ALPA pilots (especially who post on this site) is minimal. It's good stuff, but nobody takes it seriously. Based on the vitriol I've seen on this board by ALPA pilots like yourself, I think my post is accurate. What a difference there would be if ALPA pilots adhered to their own CoE! Unfortunately, they "talk the talk," but don't "walk the walk."

Perhaps you would like me to search the site to find some of your posts and do a comparative with the ALPA CoE as it pertains to conduct of affairs with members of the profession?

Point is this. If you, as an ALPA member, really believed the ALPA CoE and followed them, I think your posts on this site would be quite different. Unfortunately, I think most ALPA pilots view them as propoganda.

T8
Again reality keeps getting in way. Want to improve respect, say nice things and do not attack people who do not agree with you.

T8
Nothing in the code requires me to blow smoke up your ass to make you feel better. That seems to be what you'd like. "I don't give them hell. I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Nothing in the code requires me to blow smoke up your ass to make you feel better. That seems to be what you'd like. "I don't give them hell. I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Thank you. You've proved my point. You've demonstrated here and on other sites that the ALPA CoE is propaganda in your view. Nice to look at, but, when it comes to following, well, that's another story.

T8

Seeing the young pilots of today walking around with ...a big ketchup stain on his untucked shirt just makes me feel so disappointed.
HAL

Yeah, I hate seeing the old saggy-ballers looking the same way. Be careful about pointing fingers at young pilots. There are plenty of old slobs out there.

I think that the original post was right. I fly boxes around and very rarely see passengers (unless I'm jumpseating or D/Hing...but...that being said, my shirt is ironed every night before I fly and my shoes have a nice shine to them...We do wear leather jackets, but when mine is on, it is zipped up about halfway not just flapping in the breeze.

The bottom line is that I do this because I have pride in myself and in my appearance.

It's not about what the travelling public thinks or ALPA's COE, it's about your own pride and professionalism.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back