How to Earn Respect as an Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You said, "I adhere to the CoE."
Yep, and I stand by that. We gonna keep going around in circles on this? You view something as being condescending that simply wasn't. Arguing about your perceptions all night isn't going to do us any good. If you choose to perceive condescension, that's your business.

Yep, and I stand by that. We gonna keep going around in circles on this? You view something as being condescending that simply wasn't. Arguing about your perceptions all night isn't going to do us any good. If you choose to perceive condescension, that's your business.

Nope...I'll move on...I'll let the evidence speak for itself.

C'ya

T8

pilots round in circles, my what a concept!

What's an example of another profession of which the professionals were and continue to gain and keep respect?

How to earn respect?

Be 5'6 with a 10 inch d**** and wear tight pants with your pilot suit.

Seriously, gets me alot of respect. :D

respect?

If we want respect, our union should set a minimum salary for our most junior new hires. It is my opinion that is should be 50k to start either as the copilot of a 1900 or 747. THE union should not sign another contract where the pay is below that level....period.

Oh and the guy is right about wearing the uniform and running on time.

gofaster

Thank God for that 'unfortunality' Rez...

Of course I'm assuming you subscribe to the mantra "Conform or be cast out..."

Room for everyone I suspect, plus it's just a job.

I was making an observation.... have you considered objectivity when reading?

In addition, it is just a job when it is not a struggle. Many of us have been struggling for over seven years. Have you empathy?

Easily done...

The overwelming display of a condescending attitude toward individuals whom disagree with you...which purveys the many posts, is an indication of your/PCL's professionalism...or perhaps, the lack of it.

As for a personal "canon" I'll stick with "do unto others as you would have them do to you." If you stick with that "canon," you won't go wrong.

On this site, we often cut off our fellow aviatior's nose...then ask him to smell a rose. It doesn't work.

T8

Also consider you are talking about a moniker message board. Who is T8? Who is PCL128?

Can there be a better reply from guys like me and PCL128? Sure... I don't speak for PCL, but I'll work on it.... That is all I can control....

Keep in mind that a poster starts a thread about professionalism and guys like PCL and I defend the notion of professionalism.

Have you considered that by chiding us, you motivate the anti establishment guys? Do you allow free choice over ones interpretation of professionalism but not the defence of it?

That is the real threat: Guys like PCL do Walk the Walk. He spends about 10 guys worth of time trying to make this profession better. His time would be better spent defending this profession against gov't and management, but it is spent defending against our own.

How'd you respond if one of your own in your own house (aka our profession) trashed it. How do you reason with someone who wants to fight the only methodology that has a concern for thier welfare?

How do you fight ignorance and apathy on a moniker message board all while concerned the masses will believe that doing nothing is an acceptable path?

If you are aware of the youngest generation, this pilot gig is just that... something to try out and if it gets too uncomfortable they will bail. 20-somethings are doing this in every industry... it is not exclusive to airline pilots...

Guys like PCL have done more to defend and promote the COE than most of us.... yet he gets a "smackdown". Have you considered that you've devalued the profession by critiqing a defender?

number one rule of a professional and above board critique....

Offer a compliment before a complaint.....

UAW method of raising wages

If we want respect, our union should set a minimum salary for our most junior new hires. It is my opinion that is should be 50k to start either as the copilot of a 1900 or 747. THE union should not sign another contract where the pay is below that level....period.

Oh and the guy is right about wearing the uniform and running on time.

gofaster
Here is how the UAW does it; they reach a deal with a single company, then go to the next company and say match it or you will be shutdown and all the new cars being sold will be built someplace else, then they go to the next company and repeat. When the auto companies where rolling in money it was a good deal for all. But over the last 30 years it has eliminated 70% of the union jobs, gave great raise to non-union companies, and now it is concession time. Now the Airlines could follow the same path as the UAW and it would be great for 30% of those who still had jobs. This is also great for the non-ALPA airlines that would fly all the passengers when the ALPA pilots were on strike.

Here is how the UAW does it; they reach a deal with a single company, then go to the next company and say match it or you will be shutdown and all the new cars being sold will be built someplace else, then they go to the next company and repeat. When the auto companies where rolling in money it was a good deal for all. But over the last 30 years it has eliminated 70% of the union jobs, gave great raise to non-union companies, and now it is concession time. Now the Airlines could follow the same path as the UAW and it would be great for 30% of those who still had jobs. This is also great for the non-ALPA airlines that would fly all the passengers when the ALPA pilots were on strike.

Again..... you neglect to discuss the RLA.

true

Again..... you neglect to discuss the RLA.
But the results are the same if you put your company in a non-competitive position through work action, you will be at a disadvantage in the market.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back