• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to Earn Respect as an Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, in your posts with N1N2 where you make condecending comments about him not attending BOD meetings because he is "to busy watching American Idol" (http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=110555&page=5), which part of the above CoE are you adhering to? Is it the bullet point? Is this how you bring others up to the "standards demanded?"

T8
The comments weren't condescending, they were factual. The fact of the matter is, far too many pilots are preoccupied with things like golf and American Idol. These things seem to take a higher priority for them over things that affect their career. If you consider telling it how it is to be "condescending," then that's your prerogative, but it's not accurate.

If you consider telling it how it is to be "condescending," then that's your prerogative, but it's not accurate.

From what I can tell after reading some of your posts, you seem to confuse "telling it how it is" with "standing in harsh judgment of those who don't agree with you."

The comments weren't condescending, they were factual. The fact of the matter is, far too many pilots are preoccupied with things like golf and American Idol. These things seem to take a higher priority for them over things that affect their career. If you consider telling it how it is to be "condescending," then that's your prerogative, but it's not accurate.

So you know for a fact that he was indeed watching American Idol, instead of attending the BOD...factual...your words, not mine. You know this for sure? Or you just generalize the incident and say something trivial to make a point...for far too many pilots.....????

No. I don't buy it. You are an ALPA member. You represent the Pilot's Union. You said you adhere to the code. But your posts on this site don't reveal that.

I encourage you and other ALPA members to "walk the walk, not just talk the talk."

T8

Are some of you actually convinced that we get paid pennies and US Air pilots are flying A330s across the pond for 160/hr because some people don't shine their shoes? Or that we'll get more and "take it back" if we do?

Get real. Complain about management, deregulation, LCCs, right wing/lassez-fair capitalist judges/gov't, economy, oil, etc, but don't get delirious on us and start blaming it on pilots who don't want to wear a clumsy hat or forget to iron a crease into their pants.

And will someone please hold a tutorial on how to spell "privilege".. If I have to see another "priveledge"....

Abernathy

Last edited:
So you know for a fact that he was indeed watching American Idol, instead of attending the BOD...
I know for a fact that he was somewhere other than the BOD because he said so himself. He had an opportunity to see his union in action, just as every other member does, but passed it up. Fact.
You are an ALPA member. You represent the Pilot's Union. You said you adhere to the code. But your posts on this site don't reveal that.
Correction: I used to represent the Association. I'm no longer a rep, and am actually on inactive status. As for the code, as I said, my posts are not in conflict with the CoE.

I know for a fact that he was somewhere other than the BOD because he said so himself. He had an opportunity to see his union in action, just as every other member does, but passed it up. Fact.

Correction: I used to represent the Association. I'm no longer a rep, and am actually on inactive status. As for the code, as I said, my posts are not in conflict with the CoE.

No...you said he was watching American Idol. You said your comments were "factual." If they are factual, they are true, and he was watching American Idol instead of attending the BOD. If you meant he was "somewhere other than the BOD" instead of attending the BOD, than the "American Idol" comment injected to the argument was condescending. You can't have it both ways.

T8

The American Idol comment was an example of the myriad things that uninvolved pilots prioritize above their union and their careers. If you take it as condescension, then you're a little too sensitive.

The American Idol comment was an example of the myriad things that uninvolved pilots prioritize above their union and their careers. If you take it as condescension, then you're a little too sensitive.

But your comment was directed directly to N1N2, not to a myriad of pilots. You specifically said he was watching American Idol and playing golf...the context was him, N1N2, specifically. You said, "Why didn't you fly out to Vegas to observe democracy in action? Too busy playing golf or watching American Idol while guys like me were out there on our days off?" The question was rhetorical and condescending.

You said, "I adhere to the CoE."

T8

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back