Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am beginning to agree with XJHawk. Let's just use your original DOH. I am tired of trying to be fair and then just ripped on saying my company was going to shut down and we should be stapled. Especially now that Phil has been replaced, this company is going to have a WAAAAY larger Mesaba presence than Pinnacle. I couldn't be more happy about that.

You do realize that if you guys manage to pull off your DOH coup, ALPA will have to pay back 2-3 months of dues to all Pinnacle pilots.

Think about it.

You know, I'm trying to stay positive, looking forward to working with future XJ 9E'rs. I'm trying to get the whole happy family image and working as one. However, it is still amiss to many that despite what was presented in negotiations, the final method will be Bloch's. It doesn't matter XJ wanted DOH, 9L wanted relative, and 9E's final was a stat/cat method. It just don't matter. The final result and award will be Bloch's choosing.

So that having been said, all these 'pot, meet kettle' arguments don't hold true. The award will be Bloch's, regardless of the final viewpoint of any one airline. What *DOES* matter is when two airlines dispute a 3rd airline's start date, when those 2 airlines already get their pilot class date as their DOH, and try to argue with Bloch that 9E should not have their DOH as class date, rather, as sim date. Our LOA #2 V. already fixes that correction, and both XJ and 9L agreed to that the day the JCBA passed. All this was before SLI negotiations.

Do you see the point? The final award, methodology is out of our hands, but the one thing in our hands is the dispute. It can be a possibility that the dispute hold and 9E is screwed. This is where I lose the whole family thing. Because I know my XJ and 9L brethern will not be deciding the SLI award, only Bloch will. But the one thing XJ and 9L can decide is what happens for our starting points. It is very hard for me to accept my new family, a family starting at point A, when they are trying to force me (and my other 9E brothers) to start at point B, simply to get ahead by 2 months on average. Why can't we all start at point A? Why are so many XJ/9L trying to intentionally screw with another incoming family member? All 3 families had already decided to adjust DOH to the beginning of starting training (class date) per LOA #2 transition agreement.

I'll be one happy family when XJ and 9L drop this ridiculous attempt at seniority grab. Both of them are starting at point A, and forcing us to start later as point B. Which is hilarious, because their initial dispute to Bloch makes them sound like Pinnacle would gain an advantage over them by 2 months. So it's ok for XJ to start at Point A, it's ok for 9L to start at Point A, but Pinnacle was suppose to start at Point A + 2months, which is Point B. Now, 9E's list shows Point A as a starting point, and the other two went up in arms! Point A should be the starting ground for all 3 airlines.

That is what I'm having a hard time accepting the new family with.

All of this is because of the attitude you have shown towards us this entire process. You can't just spout off crap about LOA's, ratios, staples, and "we saved your airline" without getting crap back. It's okay to use your point B because that was your DOH. If you didn't like that as your DOH, then you should have fixed it a long time ago. But you didn't. I will say it again. This past week has not been about adjusting your DOH. That was decided a long time ago. Stop saying we are trying to get your original DOH. I am just saying it is justified if we were to argue that you shouldn't be able to adjust that based on all the crap (see above) you have sent our way. Apparently our MEC agrees with you (as did I) that you can adjust your DOH to the beginning of class. All Mesaba pilots I have talked to want a fair integration. All I have heard from the 9E side was crap (see above).

I guess we see how you feel about Colgan now?

/sigh Yes, I feel, cancel that, it is a known fact that the Colgan Cert was picked based on the amount of aircraft. I thought it was silly from the beginning of this mess that we weren't using it to begin with. Why fire up a whole new Q400 program when Colgan already had it?

You do realize that if you guys manage to pull off your DOH coup, ALPA will have to pay back 2-3 months of dues to all Pinnacle pilots.

Think about it.

Not once have I said our MEC is trying for a DOH coup. I said we should have looked into it more because of the crap coming our way. The DOH shift is a done deal. I will bold it again: This past week was not about shifting your DOH!! It was about other suspicious changings of the list!!

Oh, and I don't give two craps about ALPA paying back dues. Seriously, who cares?

Think about it.

That costs just a little amount of $$$ out of their moustache club and country club dues. The biggest thing is that by using sim date of hire, you'll have currently junior pilots automatically jump above more senior pilots. As an example, I would jump over 3 guys above me in my class, since my sim ride was before theirs. That is a huge violation of ALPA merger policy to begin with.

Last edited:
Not once have I said our MEC is trying for a DOH coup. I said we should have looked into it more because of the crap coming our way. The DOH shift is a done deal. I will bold it again: This past week was not about shifting your DOH!! It was about other suspicious changings of the list!!

Oh, and I don't give two craps about ALPA paying back dues. Seriously, who cares?

I'm pretty sure ALPA national will care if they pay that dues money back. If it comes out of the combined pilot groups money, we will be pretty poor. But you XJ guys just want whats fair, and best for the combined group.

And, I'm quite sure I know what the DOH objection is about. Mesaba's MEC is trying to string things out till after 4 June when the Furloughs will be recalled back from Pinnacle. This would give them some unbelievable leverage over the company. What they plan to do with that leverage, that is the million dollar question?

Do you not wonder why Bloch was working on this over Memorial day weekend? (I'll give you a hint, the company probably wants it done before Jun 4).

All Mesaba pilots I have talked to want a fair integration. All I have heard from the 9E side was crap (see above).
If you want fair integration, then your MEC has to be open to fair ideas, not a one-way straight-all-or-nothing DOH method. Same goes for 9L. Ask your committee for transcripts of the negotiations, so you can get a hold of what ideas were thrown around.

You know, I'm trying to stay positive, looking forward to working with future XJ 9E'rs. I'm trying to get the whole happy family image and working as one. However, it is still amiss to many that despite what was presented in negotiations, the final method will be Bloch's. It doesn't matter XJ wanted DOH, 9L wanted relative, and 9E's final was a stat/cat method. It just don't matter. The final result and award will be Bloch's choosing.

So that having been said, all these 'pot, meet kettle' arguments don't hold true. The award will be Bloch's, regardless of the final viewpoint of any one airline. What *DOES* matter is when two airlines dispute a 3rd airline's start date, when those 2 airlines already get their pilot class date as their DOH, and try to argue with Bloch that 9E should not have their DOH as class date, rather, as sim date. Our LOA #2 V. already fixes that correction, and both XJ and 9L agreed to that the day the JCBA passed. All this was before SLI negotiations.

Do you see the point? The final award, methodology is out of our hands, but the one thing in our hands is the dispute. It can be a possibility that the dispute hold and 9E is screwed. This is where I lose the whole family thing. Because I know my XJ and 9L brethern will not be deciding the SLI award, only Bloch will. But the one thing XJ and 9L can decide is what happens for our starting points. It is very hard for me to accept my new family, a family starting at point A, when they are trying to force me (and my other 9E brothers) to start at point B, simply to get ahead by 2 months on average. Why can't we all start at point A? Why are so many XJ/9L trying to intentionally screw with another incoming family member? All 3 families had already decided to adjust DOH to the beginning of starting training (class date) per LOA #2 transition agreement.

I'll be one happy family when XJ and 9L drop this ridiculous attempt at seniority grab. Both of them are starting at point A, and forcing us to start later as point B. Which is hilarious, because their initial dispute to Bloch makes them sound like Pinnacle would gain an advantage over them by 2 months. So it's ok for XJ to start at Point A, it's ok for 9L to start at Point A, but Pinnacle was suppose to start at Point A + 2months, which is Point B. Now, 9E's list shows Point A as a starting point, and the other two went up in arms! Point A should be the starting ground for all 3 airlines.

That is what I'm having a hard time accepting the new family with.

Funny, you in particular have been proposing far worse things than that to both XJ and 9L. In fact, your one of the more vocal ones on here. Even if your accusations are true, and they are not, why is it ok for one sli committee to play unfair, but not the others?

Latest resources

Back