• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HOW THEN do GJ pilot have better pay and a better contract than TSA???? Signed by the same management.

You really have no clue do you.

Sure looks like the same contract we have. oh thats right you have taxi pay

We signed our contract in 2000. GJ signed theirs 7 years later

7 YEARS...

You really have no clue do you.

Sure looks like the same contract we have. oh thats right you have taxi pay

We signed our contract in 2000. GJ signed theirs 7 years later

7 YEARS...

REad their contract again I'm sure you'll find differences, like a commuter clause. GJ's only been around since Oct 05.

S. You are BLAMING the TSA pilots for the GoJet problem.

No one likes to blame the pilots, most of us just show up do our jobs and go back home. Another words we have a life outside of TSA/GJ and flying.... hopefully... We have to live with it but a yes vote would have made things a lot better for everyone. I doubt TSA would have been in the shape it is now. They would have gotten something as far as contractual wise, they gave something better to GJs didn't they?

When does the RAT come out on the 767 and what does it give you?

What is special about the center hydraulic demand pump? What can drive it? When would you isolate it? What is the weight hit (penalty) if it's inop?

Of the left, center, and right hydraulic systems, which one has the highest demand (767 only, since we know it's different on the 757)?

:)
RAT drops with the failure of both engines, or if manually deployed. It provides hydraulic pressure down to 130 KIAS. It can be used to power not only hydraulic systems, but also a hydraulic driven generator installed on the ER and ETOPS aircraft. The HDG is activated when AC1 and AC2 busses are not powered.

The center demand pump uses bleed air to power center system hydraulics during periods of high demand. On the 767 the big items are on the center system.

The Center Isolation Switch is maintained open, guarded with break away wire. It is a QRH item to isolate the center pneumatic duct from the cross over manifold. If a bleed leak can not be isolated in the center duct, the airplane is designed for 6 hours of operation before structural damage occurs. Because of sensor position, most of the crossover duct is displayed as a left duct leak message.

I've got no idea what the penalty is, we'd be in the MDM to double check what dispatch comes up with. The gear and flap retration would be significantly slower without the demand pump, so I'm guessing that the aircraft would be climb limited in the second stage.

You ask good questions. Missed two out of approximately 140 questions on the systems test for my type rating. I like this stuff.

:D What do I win? How about the name of your buddy so we can ensure he is provided with accurate information.

Last edited:
RAT drops with the failure of both engines, or if manually deployed. It provides hydraulic pressure down to 130 KIAS. It can be used to power not only hydraulic systems, but also a hydraulic driven generator installed on the ER and ETOPS aircraft. The HDG is activated when AC1 and AC2 busses are not powered.

The center demand pump uses bleed air to power center system hydraulics during periods of high demand. On the 767 the big items are on the center system.

The Center Isolation Switch is maintained open, guarded with break away wire. It is a QRH item to isolate the center pneumatic duct from the cross over manifold. If a bleed leak can not be isolated in the center duct, the airplane is designed for 6 hours of operation before structural damage occurs. Because of sensor position, most of the crossover duct is displayed as a left duct leak message.

I've got no idea what the penalty is, we'd be in the MDM to double check what dispatch comes up with. The gear and flap retration would be significantly slower without the demand pump, so I'm guessing that the aircraft would be climb limited in the second stage.

You ask good questions. Missed two out of approximately 140 questions on the systems test. I actually like this stuff.

:D What do I win?

How has GJ affected your 767 flying?

How has GJ affected your 767 flying?
It hasn't and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

What's it matter? Mugabe's thugs haven't effected me either, but evil is recognizable from a distance.

Anyone who's moral compass swings in sympathy to organized labor can easily make the distinction. Most of the majors are ALPA carriers.

I'm certainly not beating my chest and saying GoJets pilots will not get on a jumpseat, or get hired. I think DAL did hire a GoJets pilot. It is my opinion that if there is any justice in this World that their actions will prevent their participation in careers outside of GoJets, strike breaking, and cleaning clogs in septic systems underneath retirement centers.

Last edited:
It hasn't and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

And don't worry about it, it never will.

It is my opinion that if there is any justice in this World that their actions will prevent their participation in careers outside of GoJets, strike breaking, and cleaning clogs in septic systems underneath retirement centers.

What actions? Most of the GJ pilot group are street guys no different than guys going to any other regional. Oh, if you're talking about the original few who chose to resign from TSA and go to GJ, it was their right to do so, it's not as if they crossed any picket line is it?

----------

I detest those who throw the scab word around when it does not apply. Yet, GoJets is as close as that distinction can be made without no substantial difference.

It is ridiculous to carry on this dialog. A GoJet pilot who lacked the moral discretion to say no, certainly can be expected to be a moral relativist and apologist. In your case, I think you intend to advocate this sort of thing as "playing your cards" well. If that wasn't you, you have my apologies.

This is a debate about the logical concept of judgement. It is my opinion that people who made similar decisions who subsequently found employment at Continental and AirTran were negative influences who harmed their employers and co-workers.

I consider two Eastern scabs friends. Both men deeply regret their actions and both have humbly served as volunteers within ALPA. I think they are motivated by a desire to somehow undo the harm they did to the profession.

As you grow up and see this profession from a 20, 30, or 40 year perspective your views may change. These guys see things much differently now than they once did and have come to regret their decions to try & take the short cut at the expense of other pilots.

Verbal taunts, jumpseat denials and web board threats are not what changed their mind. Nope, they just learned how this business works and gained an understanding.

That's why I'm refraining from the knee-jerk reactions. If you have the mental horsepower to get though a recurrent check, I've got faith you'll figure this out for yourself.

Last edited:
Gojet was created to get around the AA scope of no 50+ seats for AA connection. How does that harm you as a major airline pilot? It doesn't. I think you're looking at the whole GJ/TSA deal as "scabs" vs pilots with morals. Which in no way shape or form is. I agree with you in principle though. But to equate Eastern scabs with GJ is wrong. Nobody at TSA was on a strike.

In reality there were only a few TSA pilot who decided to fly for GJ(as it was their right, no striking) Most, as in all most all of the GJ pilot group are street guys who really didn't care much about the whole deal, or even had no idea and why should they? Are you not going to fly for Freedom Air(mesa) because of what happened years ago? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the fact is GJ is union and is equal or better than other regionals. As far as I'm concerned I don't think anybody that goes there is lowering the bar. A handful of pilots in the Midwest are not the problem, they simply adapted to the rest of the regional industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back