• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am awaiting class as a combo fo/ca. They say I should be a captain shortly after finishing training.

The pay is ok to start and does not really concern me much. How many days per month do they work you? How many hours of credit do you get per month. Are there trip/duty regs?

What are the schedules like? Is there any incentive pay over 75 or 80 hours?

What is the 401k matching (it says zero on this site)?

Anything else you can tell me would be great.

Thank you.

Sorry, you're right.

Minimum contract days off are 10, but I'm hearing that the average lines are around 85 hours with days off from 11 to 18. I have personally not seen a bid pack, yet.

60 hr guarantee during new-hire training, 74 hour line guarantee.

401(k) is zero matching. No trip or duty rigs. I answered the rest as best I could in my initial reply. Good luck to you. Pan Am guys did get the shaft. Just like the TWA guys. OUT

Last edited:
I know practically nothing about Gojets. I was on my way to a flight physical at O'Hare and received a call that Gojets was there having an open house. I stopped in and they handed me an application and intereviewed me. That is why I am posting here.

In other words, my ignorance makes the 2 comments above meaningless to me.

Maybe this will fill you in. Go Jets on resume...if I'm on the hiring board at my airline the day you interview....no job!

I think the reason no one answered your original question is because no one wants to admit they work for gojets. With your experience you probably know this as well as I do. Aviation is a small community and you don't want the stigma that comes from working for a company like that. It's not worth it. There are other aviation jobs out there. It is true those pilots that worked at gjs get hired at other places, but I bet when someone asks them where they worked they say TSA. If you want to work for a place like that and will proudly wear the id badge then go for it. Otherwise forget it.

They've got block or better chief.

as of 10 months ago they didn't- straight from their own mouth.. did something change?

anything else about them that you want to defend?

Hmm, industry standard pay, a union shop and an opportunity for furloghees...um yeah. This is one of the stupidest threads by some of the whiniest and most bitter regional pilots on this board. Give it up, no one cares (including our union).

Hmm, industry standard pay, a union shop and an opportunity for furloghees...um yeah. This is one of the stupidest threads by some of the whiniest and most bitter regional pilots on this board. Give it up, no one cares (including our union).
Reality stepped in the way of their plans. They were supposed to be in the left seat of UAL/AA/DAL by now making the BIG BUCKS...TSA was to be a quick stepping stone (so they told themselves). Sure...they justified the lower pay and less than stellar working conditions for a year or two, but now the market has taken a big dump, and they're stuck at the bottom of the pile. And then they come to FI to whine.

Wow, I thought I was asking a simple, noncontroversial question. As I said I was totally ignorant about Gojets when I heard about the open house (I was an hour late and missed the entire presentation, all I got was the interview and an application).....

There is, and will be a growing pilot shortage.....

Thanks everyone. Of course nobody had answered my original questions.

MDWCrashPilot-

You're seem to be a high time pilot that has been around the block. You know the aviation industry is a small world. If I were in your position (and maybe I will be some day), I wouldn't touch GoJets with a 10 foot pole. There are many pilots in this industry who haven't even heard of GoJets, and there are many who have and understand the stand the TSA pilots took.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with any of the posts above, think about this. If I had GoJets on my resume, any time I got turned down for a job, I would wonder if it was because of my decision to go there. The good jobs are far and few between, so to me it wouldn't be worth the risk for a few bucks in my pocket during a temporary downturn. One never knows who is going to be sitting at the other end of an interview desk someday.

And to the TSA guys who took the stand they did, they certainly earned my respect and for that reason alone I wouldn't have anything to do with that whipsaw operation.

MDWCrashPilot-

You're seem to be a high time pilot that has been around the block. You know the aviation industry is a small world. If I were in your position (and maybe I will be some day), I wouldn't touch GoJets with a 10 foot pole. There are many pilots in this industry who haven't even heard of GoJets, and there are many who have and understand the stand the TSA pilots took.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with any of the posts above, think about this. If I had GoJets on my resume, any time I got turned down for a job, I would wonder if it was because of my decision to go there. The good jobs are far and few between, so to me it wouldn't be worth the risk for a few bucks in my pocket during a temporary downturn. One never knows who is going to be sitting at the other end of an interview desk someday.

And to the TSA guys who took the stand they did, they certainly earned my respect and for that reason alone I wouldn't have anything to do with that whipsaw operation.
The former GoJet guys and girls who moved on to all the different majors might have a tough time buying your story

Guys, you're gonna do what you're gonna do. Nothing on here is going to change any minds because you've already made your decision. Just know this, people at TSA have been furloughed directly because of GoJets. They have families to feed too but did the right thing on principle. If you guys were really that desperate for a job, Mesa is hiring. But wait, you only want the left seat job.

The former GoJet guys and girls who moved on to all the different majors might have a tough time buying your story

Frankly, you're right. Of course there will be guys who will find employment despite having GoJets on their resume. Some people have never even heard of GoJets. Some have. If it were me in the original poster's position, I wouldn't risk getting passed over for a good job some day down the road just to put a few bucks in my pocket during a temporary downturn by having what many would perceive as a blemish on my resume. The risk/reward ain't worth it, even if one could care less about the union whipsaw argument.

Latest resources

Back