How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Options Slave,
I can tell you got your story from your GoJet colleagues and not from your own research. It's word for word the GoJet supporters line. With a little independant research you would learn that the proposal to the TSA pilots from management allowed furloughs by airframe and would not be based on seniority. Anyone flying a 50 seater would be out and those flying 70 seaters would stay It didn't just contain below industry pay rates but extended an already 5 year old contract, so it wasn't just pay, but every aspect of an out dated contract. Additionally, the Eagle situation was a management decision and not a seat grab by opportunistic pilots. We had no control over where the airplanes came from and legally could not do anything to stop it. I doubt you will find a single pilot at TSA that wasn't in complete support of the Eagle pilots and their grievance. I understand their frustration but it was misdirected. Not that you care as the only perspective you're interested in is the one that helps you to justify your decision. Good luck to you.

Actually I did know all of that, but thanks for clarifying. As I said, I don't blame the TSA pilots for voting it down, and I probably would have voted no on it as well if I were on the seniority list. However, now I'm not sure it was the right thing for you guys to do, but hind site is always 20-20. Voting it down did not stop any furloughing, they are still happening, but would have given your pilots some mobility and there would be less pilots on the street, and at least SOME longevity would have carried over, which is better than nothing, which is what those furloughed have, now.

The company is desperate to break out of AA's scope and 50 seaters are no longer a plane the majors want. If American files, TSA could be in serious trouble. Then again, if United files, GoJet could be in serious trouble.

Regardless, had the vote passed, the furloughs would still happen but would be less as Gojet is hiring, but the issues the pilots didn't like could have been negotiated and repaired later. So in hind site, yeah, I think the pilot group should have voted differently even though I would have been a "no" voter myself.

Regardless, we can't do anything about it, now. I just think it's unfair to point fingers at new-hire GoJet pilots who had nothing to do with that vote or the proposal.

I'm at a major now but Gojets is a good place. Good starting pay, new jets that fit 66 pax, good management and a lot of growth for the future. I would highly recommend Gojet to anyone wanting some large jet experience as stepping stone to one of the major airlines.

Beetlejuice!

Perfect timing.

Any other questions?

Freight Dog,

The regional versus mainline argument is simply muddying the waters by bringing up a messy issue that does not belong in an alter ego dispute.

LoL No, and this proves my point about you and your previous posts. It's exactly the same thing, as the results are the same: The Majors are finding ways for pilots to fly planes for cheaper prices with less benefits. It is EXACTLY the same.

redbook is easy to point out crap on someone else's stick but refuses to acknowledge the smell of his own stick. Again.

yeah, I think the pilot group should have voted differently even though I would have been a "no" voter myself.

Regardless, we can't do anything about it, now. I just think it's unfair to point fingers at new-hire GoJet pilots who had nothing to do with that vote or the proposal.

Guilty feelings already?

New hire gojet guys are ok....old ones bad.

Ok got it....such a sliding scale, limbo limbo...I think you can duck under with your integrity

even though I would have been a "no" voter myself.

WOW,

You would have voted no....and then whipsawed yourself! But technically as a new gojet pilot you would have had nothing to do with it.

Well Options, you pointed out the Eagle situation but failed to address the real story in your response. You are right though, you had nothing to do with the proposal but you are an enabler of management and their anti-labor endeavors. Like it or not. Good luck to you.

The company circumvented the spirit and intent of the tsa contract by creating an alter ego company.

Again. The U.S. courts disagree.

They did so "legally". Scabs cross picket lines "legally".

Actually it is illegal to circumvent a CBA. Doing so is illegal, therefore they did no such thing as it was proved such in court.

Scabs cross a picket line in violation of Union directives, going directly against the union's (pilot group's) wishes. There is no ban issued by any Union in interviewing and accepting jobs at Gojets.

If you did one minute of union work in your life, you would care and you would be concerned.

It is the baseless arguments and empty threats I am not concerned with. Because there is no reason to be concerned. Gojet is legitimate work. The dispute is between TSA pilots and management and has nothing to do with the Gojet pilots. When it does, I'll be concerned. Right now I just hope that as many furloughed TSA pilots as possible can get on there. It is not my fault they voted down a single list, nor my responsibility to avoid working there because of it. Just like every wholly owned regional pilot who holds a job and their major airline has pilots on furlough. That was what their pilots decided. With the definitions being used, American Eagle is just as much an alter ego as Gojet is. Any wholly owned would be. I can't be concerned with that, I have no control over it and neither does anyone.

A. There is no ban issued by any Union in interviewing and accepting jobs at Gojets.

The ALPA president at the time made it crystal clear, through press statements and rallies in STL that gojet was an alter ego carrier.

But I guess that wasn't enough. You needed to be banned!

Latest resources

Back