• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Show me a single pilot in the industry who is any different. You are no less "the help" than I am. You are no less a whore than I am. GoJet is not struck work. I do not condone or agree with the proposal that was offered the TSA pilots. I would have also voted no. However, the fact that they voted no does not mean I nor anyone else should not have applied and taken a job at GoJet.

There is not much I wouldn't do to support my family. Crossing a picket line is about the only thing I would not do. I would dig ditches to support my family. You have the luxury of not having to be unemployed and looking for a job in a market that floods more every day with high-time pilots. Even GoJet won't even look at your resume now if you have less than 4500 hours, and thanks to larger carriers like Aloha and ATA going OUT OF BUSINESS there are MANY, very high time pilots out there looking for work. Get real and grow up.

Go dig ditches. Your integrity is dependent on the economy, spineless one.

Oh, but we should give you a pass because of previous union work? Good one.

go to gojet and become a scumbag. simple.

It was created as an alter ego airline to whipsaw tsa pilots.

There is no 6 month limit to the whipsaw. TSA furloughing is a direct result of that whipsaw.

Those that "feed their families" at gojet, have done so by joining an alter ego carrier. There are consequences.

The U.S. courts disagree. GoJet got around AA's scope restricting TSA Holdings from flying 70 seat RJ's, it had nothing to do with circumventing a Union, and in fact the TSA pilots had the opportunity to merge the seniority lists and voted not to, and I don't blame them for what the company tried to slip in with that proposal.

As for the rest of your comments, I don't care and I am not concerned. *shrug*

I have no beef in this fight - never worked at TSA, GoJet, or anything like that. However, I've been an ALPA pilot for the last 7 years, and I'd like to see a rational reply against GoJet. Can someone please answer me this:

Why should someone boycott GoJet considering that ALPA's lawsuit got thrown out and NMB single carrier petition was rejected by NMB?

Please, before you say anything about the plight of TSA pilots, don't forget to include the plight of mainline pilots who lost their jobs due to regional pilots' willingness to fly a jet for $22/hour and captains on that jet making what a mainline 2nd year FO makes.

Options Slave,
I can tell you got your story from your GoJet colleagues and not from your own research. It's word for word the GoJet supporters line. With a little independant research you would learn that the proposal to the TSA pilots from management allowed furloughs by airframe and would not be based on seniority. Anyone flying a 50 seater would be out and those flying 70 seaters would stay It didn't just contain below industry pay rates but extended an already 5 year old contract, so it wasn't just pay, but every aspect of an out dated contract. Additionally, the Eagle situation was a management decision and not a seat grab by opportunistic pilots. We had no control over where the airplanes came from and legally could not do anything to stop it. I doubt you will find a single pilot at TSA that wasn't in complete support of the Eagle pilots and their grievance. I understand their frustration but it was misdirected. Not that you care as the only perspective you're interested in is the one that helps you to justify your decision. Good luck to you.

Go dig ditches. Your integrity is dependent on the economy, spineless one.

Oh, but we should give you a pass because of previous union work? Good one.

I've never done anything on a free pass. My integrity is intact, and I care less what you think - especially looking over your posts and your attitude. Your opinion means as much to me as Michael Scheeringa's.

The U.S. courts disagree. GoJet got around AA's scope restricting TSA Holdings from flying 70 seat RJ's, it had nothing to do with circumventing a Union, and in fact the TSA pilots had the opportunity to merge the seniority lists and voted not to, and I don't blame them for what the company tried to slip in with that proposal.

As for the rest of your comments, I don't care and I am not concerned. *shrug*

The company circumvented the spirit and intent of the tsa contract by creating an alter ego company.

They did so "legally". Scabs cross picket lines "legally".

If you did one minute of union work in your life, you would care and you would be concerned.

I've never done anything on a free pass. My integrity is intact, and I care less what you think - especially looking over your posts and your attitude. Your opinion means as much to me as Michael Scheeringa's.

That quick road to the left seat by joining an alter ego is your attempt at a free pass.

But you are right. Its is not free. At least you know the consequences already.

I have no beef in this fight - never worked at TSA, GoJet, or anything like that. However, I've been an ALPA pilot for the last 7 years, and I'd like to see a rational reply against GoJet. Can someone please answer me this:

Why should someone boycott GoJet considering that ALPA's lawsuit got thrown out and NMB single carrier petition was rejected by NMB?

Please, before you say anything about the plight of TSA pilots, don't forget to include the plight of mainline pilots who lost their jobs due to regional pilots' willingness to fly a jet for $22/hour and captains on that jet making what a mainline 2nd year FO makes.

Freight Dog,

The regional versus mainline argument is simply muddying the waters by bringing up a messy issue that does not belong in an alter ego dispute.

I'm at a major now but Gojets is a good place. Good starting pay, new jets that fit 66 pax, good management and a lot of growth for the future. I would highly recommend Gojet to anyone wanting some large jet experience as stepping stone to one of the major airlines.

Latest resources

Back