How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDWCrashPad,
Just so you know I always deny GoJet Jumpseaters, and always will...Just somthing to consider before getting a job there. Its nothing personal towards the pilot themselves, Its the company I dont agree with.

If I was you I would go anywhere but GoJets.

MDWCrashPad,
Just so you know I always deny GoJet Jumpseaters, and always will...Just somthing to consider before getting a job there. Its nothing personal towards the pilot themselves, Its the company I dont agree with.

Like where? Mesa? Then you can call him a tool for working there? If it's nothing personal then dont deny the seat. Geez. Think I will keep you in mind the next time I have a Pinnacle pilot ask to hop a ride somewhere.

GoJet seems like a good place to be right now. They are hiring captain qualified F.O.s because of growth. Seems like a decent bet for the furloughed or layed off major pilots that can't find better work in the U.S.
I think the GoJet/TSA argument won't end anytime soon but I also don't think it is an automatic industry wide blackball that is tossed around on the web forums.

GoJet seems like a good place to be right now. They are hiring captain qualified F.O.s because of growth. Seems like a decent bet for the furloughed or layed off major pilots that can't find better work in the U.S.
I think the GoJet/TSA argument won't end anytime soon but I also don't think it is an automatic industry wide blackball that is tossed around on the web forums.

Really???? Do you even fly???? Did you not hear their callsigns blocked on the radio and clearances stepped on on purpose? Do you not see them without an ID badge on in the airport sometimes because they don't want you to "know?"

And what the f is a "captain qualified FO?" Is that the FO that acts like the captain?

Last edited:
Trevor,

Aren't you the same guy that posted this?

Good luck to the TSA guys. Any word on the Chautauqua flying?

I read your posts - I know you fly for GoJets. So why pretend that you are so concerned with the airline that you are screwing over?

the part u missed is hulas gets away with paying his poeple at second and third year pay rates insted of the higher years of the tsa personal... its a great move by a dirt bag to save money and bend over pilots.. and the seniority of the tsa guys means nothing in there times of furlow... but your right we all should forgive and forget those who have help the down ward spiral of the airline industry... what was i thinking... so i read it and all i learned is that there are more horses a$$es than there are horses with that kind of logic i steal somones job wait a couple of years get a crappy contract a union and its all good... right

OK, either you are typing this on a mobile device, or you are extremely emotional about this so it's affecting the coherency and spelling of your post.

Just so I understand it, you are upset at GoJets because they are alter-ego; TSA is furloughing pilots; TSA pilots make more than GoJets.

I suggest you re-read what I wrote. But just to sum it up for you - the initial cadre of pilots at GoJets DID try to steal your job. They were TSA pilots who said 'screw ALPA, we'll disregard the seniority.' That seemed to be the intent, yes. However, ALPA sued Trans States Holdings that they violated TSA pilots' scope clause, and petitioned NMB for a single carrier status between TSA and GoJets. ALPA lost on both counts.

So now what? TSA pilots are getting furloughed. GoJets is hiring. Yes, it sucks. But legally, they are two separate entities, as ruled on by NMB. Hulas outsmarted ALPA and got what he wanted. The battle has been fought and lost. So now what?

I'll tell you this... if the battle over seniority/single carrier status was still going on, then you would have a case against those applying/accepting jobs at GoJets. But that's not the case, is it?

MACH-TUCK said:
MDWCrashPad,

So let me get this straight... since most mainline pilots disagree with the idea of PCL flying 84 seat jets for fraction of what a mainline pilot flying a DC-9 makes, they should deny you a jumpseat.

Or how about mainline altogether deny all express pilots jumpseats because 'express or connection is stealing our jobs...' ??

Or how about another regional group use the reason that your pilot group is sagging the bar so low, that it's impossible for them to raise it.

How about denying non-union airlines a jumpseat? Ever got a ride on JetBlue or Virgin America?

What if you show up with frosted spiked hair and an iPod? Is that grounds for denying a jumpseat, too?

See how absurd it is?

Politics should ALWAYS be kept out of a jumpseat. Jumpseat is NOT a weapon. Remember, next time it could be you that's left at the gate because someone else didn't like you, your airline, your equipment, your affiliation, your hairdo, etc.

I have never seen a GoJet pilot with his/her bagde "hidden." As far as callsigns being blocked, I've heard it, I've also heard XJT and everyone else get stepped on. A captain qualified FO is a FO who with a PIC type so that they can have a quicker transition to the left seat.
My argument is that it is better to be at an airline with 70 seat planes with with the fuel situation of today. It has been said that the 50 seat economics can't be justified. Eventually the same will 'probably' be true for the 70 seaters but that should be later. Its too bad that we all aren't flying turboprops...

Latest resources

Back