• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever stop and think about what blackballing someone makes you look like? If I were an interviewer at a major airline or a corporate operator, and you came to blackball someone just because they had GoJet on your resume without checking any dates, I'd look at you as an immature child, and all your recommendations would wind up on the bottom of the pile. Not only would you not hurt Gojet pilots, but you would hurt your recommendations more.

Let's see here...

Having Aloha/ATA/Champion/MaxJet on your resume up until March/April 2008 on your resume and then GoJet... Trust me, the last thing any pilot of the above mentioned airlines would want is to go fly your precious United Express regional jet for those wages. Unfortunately, even #1 pilot on seniority list of those airlines is on the street looking for a job.

Then, let's see... same sh*tty pay as the rest of the regionals, same sh*tty work rules as the rest of the regionals, a union shop, quicker upgrade than most other regionals, and one of the very few games in town...

I hate to say it, but TSA pilots gambled, sued, petitioned and LOST!

Now what? Is there an ALPA/IFALPA ban on recruitment a'la Cathay Pacific ban in the day? Do you children even remember that or know what it is? Is there such a thing for GoJet?

Blackballing someone for having GoJet on their resume especially after having Aloha/ATA/Champion/UAL/CAL on their resume will make your opinion and judgment be heavily doubted, and you'll quite possibly hurt your friends that you are actually trying to help get hired.

I bet you're the same type of guy who will blackball someone for working at Skybus or Virgin America saying that they are undercutting your company. The same type of guy who denies a Jetblue pilot because they are non-union. Just because GoJet flies CRJs doesn't mean they're any less of a problem. Your comments smack of the same shortsightedness that allowed RJ's to get outsourced in the first place.

I am awaiting class as a combo fo/ca. They say I should be a captain shortly after finishing training.

The pay is ok to start and does not really concern me much. How many days per month do they work you? How many hours of credit do you get per month. Are there trip/duty regs?

What are the schedules like? Is there any incentive pay over 75 or 80 hours?

What is the 401k matching (it says zero on this site)?

Anything else you can tell me would be great.

Thank you.

Good luck! It is great to see someone get a job, especially one that lands you straight into the left seat.

I bet you're the same type of guy who will blackball someone for working at Skybus or Virgin America saying that they are undercutting your company. The same type of guy who denies a Jetblue pilot because they are non-union. Just because GoJet flies CRJs doesn't mean they're any less of a problem. Your comments smack of the same shortsightedness that allowed RJ's to get outsourced in the first place.

OK... put down the crackpipe and re-read my post.

I don't believe in blackballing unless someone is grossly incompetent and I wouldn't trust that person to fly my family. As for someone being an official scab i.e. crossed the picket line and flew struck work, those things have ways to iron themselves out anyway. But then again, what was the last airline pilot strike again with scabs? Were you in the industry then? Better question, were you even born yet? The label 'scab' gets thrown around here by RJ kids like yourself, it's rather comical.

Oh, and to directly answer your question - some of my classmates from Aloha got hired at Virgin America. A couple of my good friends are at JetBlue. Sorry pal, undercutting of my company came from an ALPA airline called Mesa Airlines and their offspring go! Am I mad at Mesa pilots? No. I'm furious at Aloha management for being incompetent egomaniacs, but that's another story altogether just like the story of regional jets.

Fdog,

Your totally correct.....but your post seems mature on a topic where most posters are the least bit mature.

The facts are that GJ pilots were getting hired at all the legacies when they were hiring and will again when they start back up. I know many, former TWA/AA, AE,....etc....

Let the people that believe differently think what they want to make them happy. It is a vocal and small minority, let them have their fun....the rest of the pofessionals in the industry will move forward.

:)

OK... put down the crackpipe and re-read my post.

I don't believe in blackballing unless someone is grossly incompetent and I wouldn't trust that person to fly my family. As for someone being an official scab i.e. crossed the picket line and flew struck work, those things have ways to iron themselves out anyway. But then again, what was the last airline pilot strike again with scabs? Were you in the industry then? Better question, were you even born yet? The label 'scab' gets thrown around here by RJ kids like yourself, it's rather comical.

Oh, and to directly answer your question - some of my classmates from Aloha got hired at Virgin America. A couple of my good friends are at JetBlue. Sorry pal, undercutting of my company came from an ALPA airline called Mesa Airlines and their offspring go! Am I mad at Mesa pilots? No. I'm furious at Aloha management for being incompetent egomaniacs, but that's another story altogether just like the story of regional jets.

I've never called anyone a scab and I don't know who you're referring to as an RJ kid. I am just tired of hearing 'mainline' guys espouse the attitude that its OK to work at a place like GoJets when times are hard because its only RJs after all. Would 'mainline' guys find it OK to cross a picket line at a regional because its only a bunch of RJ kids on strike. Look, I am not accusing you of any of these ills but I sense that attitude among some of the 'mainline' posters on these boards. You can't fight the problems in this industry created by Skybus and Gojets, yet run to those places when it is expedient for you. Honestly, is it really that much of stretch to cross a legitimate picket line? Oh, I forgot. I'm too young to know what that is.

Combo FO/CA? Does this mean you yank yoiur own gear?

i

Enjoy your no block or better, and as for that guy above who said its industry standard wages and contract, well that's pretty sad. We need to tell that guy to aim a little higher, because I'd say their definitely one of the lower ones.

They've got block or better chief.

OK, I'm all eyes and ears. Why don't you educate me? But before you do, please allow me to share with you what I know about the situation:

Hulas, your CEO, wanted to fly 70-seaters for UAL, but it would have been a violation of APA scope clause which would end your American Connection operation (BTW..think Eagle pilots look fondly at what they consider their flying being flown by TSA?).

Hulas, along with your holding company created GoJets to get around APA's scope, and approached TSA ALPA to fly on that other certificate if they'd agree to certain pay rates for 70-seat RJ's which TSA ALPA found to be subpar. Hulas then went ahead with his new certificate but since TSA ALPA wasn't interested in what he had to offer, he pressed on without TSA ALPA. Yes, it was perceived to be an alter ego carrier by ALPA. Some TSA pilots jumped at an opportunity to bypass seniority, and get captain slots at the new venture. THAT part along with the intentions to bypass the seniority were without a doubt despicable acts by the first cadre of pilots at GoJet.

ALPA then sued contending that Hulas was violating TSA pilots' scope by creating an alter ego airline, and also petitioned the NMB for single-carrier ruling for TSA and GoJet. Interesting to note is that ALPA didn't institute a recruitment ban for GoJets even before the NMB petition.

Unfortunately, Hulas appeared to have dotted all his I's and crossed all his T's and he did it well enough so that ALPA lawsuit got thrown out, and NMB ruled that it was not a single carrier.

This happened 3 years ago or so, right?

Fast track to the summer of 2008, GoJets pilots are represented by Teamsters, have similar pay and work rules to the rest of the regional industry. NMB ruled that it isn't a single carrier hence no combining of the lists - right or wrong, but the rule came against ALPA. Also, there is no recruitment ban currently in place by ALPA/IFALPA against GoJets. In the meanwhile, several career airlines and by that I mean airlines where 2nd year FO made more money than regional captains, went under putting thousands of pilots on the street.

I could understand the beef against the initial cadre of GoJets pilots because their INTENT was to bypass seniority. But post-ruling, post-unionizing, 3 years later, it's hardly the same argument. Your anger and blame are misplaced, IMO.

Now, please tell me what did I miss...

Last edited:
FD,

I must say, spot on and well put!

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back