• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure did. That's one technique to learn all aspects of the contract. But not the recommended way..

Bet that won't happen again soon....

As Howard said, there is a standing bid feature available on CWA. I think you can only access it during the bidding period.

I think Max said Lear was pretty concerned about non-integration after the MEC screwed the pooch.
The game changer for Lear70 was Gary Kelly's August 22, 2011 update to the AirTran pilots. I am in possession of the two emails he sent the MEC and MC on August 23. The emails had a totally different tone than his emails to the MEC prior to August 22. I would bet Lear70 got less sleep on the night of August 22 than the night of August 21.

I will give Lear70 on the QOL over money thing. He bypassed the big raise he could have got a while back to stay on this side of the partition to bid #1 FO in MCO.

Lear70 is leaving early because the company is drawing down MCO and he was going to get forced back to ATL. He was staying for the exactly reasons he listed in the post that Crash Pad posted: overnights in places like Aruba and flying one or two legs a day. That's gone once he gets sent to ATL, so it wasn't worthwhile for him anymore. In other words, no hypocrisy, no changing his story. So this thread is worthless, as is most of what Crash Pad has to say.

The game changer for Lear70 was Gary Kelly's August 22, 2011 update to the AirTran pilots. I am in possession of the two emails he sent the MEC and MC on August 23. The emails had a totally different tone than his emails to the MEC prior to August 22. I would bet Lear70 got less sleep on the night of August 22 than the night of August 21.

I will give Lear70 on the QOL over money thing. He bypassed the big raise he could have got a while back to stay on this side of the partition to bid #1 FO in MCO.

Why don't you post those emails. It would be nice to see them.

I'm just pointing out that for all his big talk he jumped at his first chance to go to Dallas.

First chance? He's been bypassing for months.

Ill do the same for PNCL when he heads to Dallas rather than hang it up.

Sorry, but you won't get that opportunity for me. For the same reasons that Lear is transitioning early, I'm looking at the possibility of resigning around the November timeframe, earlier than I had originally planned. With the "de-hubbing" of Atlanta that they've announced for this fall, the schedules just aren't going to be my cup of tea. Whether I resign early just depends on whether we have enough staffing to be able to drop most of my schedule every month. If we don't, then I'll have to hang it up before the end of the year. If staffing allows me to drop most of my schedule, then I'll probably stay until I can use next year's vacation in the first few months of the year, then I'll be gone. Either way, there won't ever be a transition class for me. Sorry to disappoint you.

Latest resources

Back