Happy Trails Lear 70

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Pilots are full of BS. Age 65 was awesome because it exposed every guy who said "65 hell no, I might work to 62 for Medicare to kick in but I'm ready to be done right now"... Or some flavor of that BS.

Lear 70 went a long way to getting AIP 1 shot down and proceeded to peddle AirTran BS on this website. It went something like this.
1. I'll hang on to AAI until the end. Money isn't important.
2. QOL is my bag, I work one or two trips a month, all PUJ 36 hour overnights, so I can enjoy the beach, cocktails, and most importantly get my workouts in.

Here is a sample:

"I'm here to work my 70-80 block hours a month, 840-960 hours per year (before vacation). The question is HOW HARD do I have to work to make that time. Here I can do it in 2-3 legs per day flying longer legs to fun destinations with long overnights. There... not so much.

Everyone on here was saying how EASY it was to get rid of your trips at Southwest, to trip improve, to pick up premium time, how much better our Quality of Life would be over there... unfortunately, it's not true, not for our F/O's anyway. People at my seniority over at SWA are working EVERY weekend, EVERY holiday, can't get rid of their trips, never get premium time because senior people snag it, etc, etc. And those are from guys who were all RAH RAH SOUTHWEST at the MEC meetings before the votes and couldn't get there fast enough.

They like the company (Southwest). They hate their Quality of Life compared to what it was at AirTran.

Therefore I'll hang out here until I'm forced across the partition, that's all. Not angry about it, but it's a simple fact, our Quality of Life and trip trading/dropping system is superior to yours due to the lack of ability to straight drop back to the company or trade trips without some imaginary threshold of minimum duty days we "owe" the company. "

So you can imagine my shock when SWA changed the rules and opened ground school to everyone... Number 1 on the list is Lear 70. Thanks for fighting hard to make sure we have half pay to the last day while jumping on the first train to Dallas and diving head first into that SWA cheddar!

Good luck! See you in 2015.

Here I can do it in 2-3 legs per day flying longer legs to fun destinations with long overnights. There... not so much.

Akron, Flint, Rochester, Branson, yeah I see your point. :rolleyes:

Akron, Flint, Rochester, Branson, yeah I see your point. :rolleyes:

The original quote is from Lear70.

I'm just pointing out that for all his big talk he jumped at his first chance to go to Dallas.

Ill do the same for PNCL when he heads to Dallas rather than hang it up.

Doesn't that bid all but close out AAI 737 ops out of MCO. The QOL for the 737 guys in MCO will rapidly deteriorate.

Latest resources

Back