• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Academy track record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is currently a CNN reporter on the airlinepilotcentral gulfstream thread that is looking for info into this school. If you have the balls go for it.

STOP Gulfstream NOW!!!

There is currently a CNN reporter on the airlinepilotcentral gulfstream thread that is looking for info into this school. If you have the balls go for it.
I do. These fatalities are NOT a coincidence. Already forwarded all the information to ABC News. I want this flight school under the microscope and under Federal watch. The damage done by Gulfstream Academy is unforgivable. Period.

This is priceless! Kinda reminds me of the scene in Young Frankenstein, where the crowd is outside the castle, except this is not only necessary, but freekin' funny to boot!
PBR

Okay here we go again! You people absoultly amaze me with your connections of an accident and GTA. One thing you are all missing is the fact that each one of these individuals has left GIA and was trained at another airline. True each individual you mention was at GTA and flew for GIA. What you are missing to mention is that there has never been a fatal accident at GIA in all the years of opperation since 1991. I have worked at GIA and in the training department since 2000. Our training is not easy, I have had many of the former students talk to me after leaving to another airline and they say that GIA training was the most diffcult. In particular I have some very detailed information on the Colgan case as I was the instructor the taught the CA at GIA. Now the information we provided them was more than satisfactory after they reviewed our training proceduers. They are not so satisfied with the training that the pilots recieved at Colgan, more will be comming out on that in the near future, form the FAA. Same for the Pinnicale flight. It seems the constant is the lack of training the crewmembers received at other airlines, not GIA.

Okay here we go again! You people absoultly amaze me with your connections of an accident and GTA. One thing you are all missing is the fact that each one of these individuals has left GIA and was trained at another airline. True each individual you mention was at GTA and flew for GIA. What you are missing to mention is that there has never been a fatal accident at GIA in all the years of opperation since 1991. I have worked at GIA and in the training department since 2000. Our training is not easy, I have had many of the former students talk to me after leaving to another airline and they say that GIA training was the most diffcult. In particular I have some very detailed information on the Colgan case as I was the instructor the taught the CA at GIA. Now the information we provided them was more than satisfactory after they reviewed our training proceduers. They are not so satisfied with the training that the pilots recieved at Colgan, more will be comming out on that in the near future, form the FAA. Same for the Pinnicale flight. It seems the constant is the lack of training the crewmembers received at other airlines, not GIA.

Blah, blah, blah.......

It seems the constant is the lack of training the crewmembers received at other airlines, not GIA.

WRONG! GA is training these pilots from the start. It's not the airlines job to train a pilot basic fundamentals of flying. It's called the "Law of Primacy." If a student is given sub-par training from sub-par instructors from a sub-par flight school, guess what? The student will turn out to be a sub-par pilot. Result? Fatalities and crashes which stem from one source. Gulfstream Academy. Hard facts, numbers, and statistics don't lie. There is NO defense for Gulfstream. The damage is too great to ignore anymore.

Is Gulfstream a pft airline, and if so, does that have more bearing on the discussion than the training itself (types of people drawn to this)?

I few months ago I had the pleasure to fly with a guy that came from Gulfstream. His dad was also a Continental Captain. This guy's flight skills where not bad. In fact they were a bit better than average. His attitude though, was a completely different story. He thought.., no, HE NEW, that he was better than you. He had to question almost every decision I made. When he had no arguments to defend his position, the next thing out of his mouth was: well, my dad has been a 777 captain for ever and he would do this, or he does that, or he doesn't do the other thing...
Gulftream may produce reasonably good pilots when it comes to stick and rudder skills, but when it comes to things like judgement, discipline, or professionalism in general, I haven't been too impressed. I've only flown with two guys that came from Gulfstream. Not looking foward to flying with another one.

Okay here we go again! You people absoultly amaze me with your connections of an accident and GTA. One thing you are all missing is the fact that each one of these individuals has left GIA and was trained at another airline. True each individual you mention was at GTA and flew for GIA. What you are missing to mention is that there has never been a fatal accident at GIA in all the years of opperation since 1991

That's because the CA is basically working as a CFI in an almost-single-pilot airplane. GIA has excellent CAs...that's why there has never been an accident.

I have worked at GIA and in the training department since 2000. Our training is not easy, I have had many of the former students talk to me after leaving to another airline and they say that GIA training was the most diffcult. In particular I have some very detailed information on the Colgan case as I was the instructor the taught the CA at GIA. Now the information we provided them was more than satisfactory after they reviewed our training proceduers.

That's the problem...just "satisfactory." The "satisfactory" levels the FAA is asking us to train to are laughable. Outside many Pt. 141 schools associated with universities students dont get much but "here's the gouge...go to the checkride."

They are not so satisfied with the training that the pilots recieved at Colgan, more will be comming out on that in the near future, form the FAA. Same for the Pinnicale flight. It seems the constant is the lack of training the crewmembers received at other airlines, not GIA.

Recently a student of mine....well more like a guy I flew with a few times...geared up an experimental here. You bet I was asked all sorts of things about the two flights I flew with him. I should get more in depth right now but I really need to get to the bank.

Much love...

Latest resources

Back