• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good job ASA alpa....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree...PBS is a good start. Dual-qual should be next.
perhaps the efficiencies of PBS will allow for enough "wiggle room" for Brad & co. to position us for more flying in the nearer future....

and just maybe, dual-qual could open a new base or two and we can get our furloughed pilots back in a seat.

I'd trade dual-qual for an agreement to get Skywest out of our front yard and get our guys back to work...there would need to be tight language to get and keep this before I signed off on it though.

One list might make even more sense....but, I'll take baby steps....just keep moving forward and keep a good eye on our "backside"

Then I suggest you worry about getting 60% of capt. pay for FOs and let ASA pilots worry about the PBS TA....In other words we don't really care what you think....Go lecture the Pinnacle pilots about their TA that undercuts all of us....
Nice attack Joe, way to answer his valid question with "nana nana boo boo, I know you are but what am I" come back. Awesome.

perhaps the efficiencies of PBS will allow for enough "wiggle room" for Brad & co. to position us for more flying in the nearer future....

and just maybe, dual-qual could open a new base or two and we can get our furloughed pilots back in a seat.

I'd trade dual-qual for an agreement to get Skywest out of our front yard and get our guys back to work...there would need to be tight language to get and keep this before I signed off on it though.

One list might make even more sense....but, I'll take baby steps....just keep moving forward and keep a good eye on our "backside"

Well said.

Nice attack Joe, way to answer his valid question with "nana nana boo boo, I know you are but what am I" come back. Awesome.

I'm just tired of pilots from other regionals lecturing us about "holding the line" and "you can do better"...The whole point of this is to reduce our costs so we can compete with the other regionals who have lower costs than us...It defeats the whole purpose of going to PBS if you demand too much for it..If you are going to do that, then forget PBS altogether...

He wants us to raise our costs...This doesn't affect him....

It's not that I am "better" than him....I just don't care what he thinks...It's not his decision...

I ask two questions, both have factual answers and you get defensive. Facts are good and will help people make an educated decision. What's the problem?

Fact is I'm interested in all regional contracts as we all work off of each others progress.

Or are these facts top secret?
Sorry about that Baronman. I know a lot of our current contract was mirrored off of your contract so thanks for that. Facts seem to be in short supply, but plenty of "I believe, I hope, we should get, I talked to someone in the know and they said management said we will get more flying". I have not seen or heard of any actual numbers on cost savings for the company.

Again, what are you getting in return for instituting PBS?
let me see if I can answer that:

looks like it'll give us better control over our schedule in several ways.
- twice daily opentime/swap with instantanious approval/denial based strictly on legality and seniority (far better than what we have now IMO)
-slightly higher vacation day credit
-slightly higher min day credit
-ground school "evening shift" during week only...I like this one.
-final schedules out sooner (20th rather that 27th) for planing my life
-I will actually be able to plan something on the first 3 days of the month (no more integration)

among others things.....again, this is all sounding pretty good. There are several things (upgrades IMO) that I had not and probably would not have thought to ask for.

all I can say right now is Kuddos to the alpa guys. NOW give me all the details and lets tighten up whats a little loose (if anything).

Last edited:
let me see if I can answer that:

looks like it'll give us better control over our schedule in several ways.
- twice daily opentime/swap with instantanious approval/denial based strictly on legality and seniority (far better than what we have now IMO)
-slightly higher vacation day credit
-slightly higher min day credit
-ground school "evening shift" during week only...I like this one.
-I will actually be able to plan something on the first 3 days of the month (no more integration)

(if anything).

Thanks for some solid info.

JoeMerchant....I know your type. Say no more. Best of luck.

A little fact-check here. We currently get our final schedules on the 24th (not the 27th) and we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to be doing on the 14th/15th. With PBS, since there are no more "revised" schedules, the first look you get at the next month's schedule will be the 20th, almost a week later.

No thanks on dual qual. Thats a sizeable paycut for 1/3 of the pilot group. Vacation, training, min day credit etc all paid at lower rate.

A little fact-check here. We currently get our final schedules on the 24th (not the 27th) and we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to be doing on the 14th/15th. With PBS, since there are no more "revised" schedules, the first look you get at the next month's schedule will be the 20th, almost a week later.
not entirely true. True, a general idea on the 14th but no idea if initial open time swap/drops are approved or if you've been integrated until the 27th. Semantics.

Latest resources

Back