Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Neal,

The RJDC doesn't want to see the success of the Expressjet contract. In fact, they would say it wasn't a success since you weren't given the right to fly 737s. ALPA should have fought for you to fly all of the older CAL 737-500s----according to the RJDC guys..... If they want to fly bigger, or you want to fly bigger, then they and you should apply to CAL, and then your benefits and salary would eventually go up. I think your interpretation of your contract is correct. Congrats on the new contract.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Neal,

The RJDC doesn't want to see the success of the Expressjet contract. In fact, they would say it wasn't a success since you weren't given the right to fly 737s. ALPA should have fought for you to fly all of the older CAL 737-500s----according to the RJDC guys..... If they want to fly bigger, or you want to fly bigger, then they and you should apply to CAL, and then your benefits and salary would eventually go up. I think your interpretation of your contract is correct. Congrats on the new contract.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks General. Sadly, the bolded part is what is truly the tragedy. In the utopian world, we would have one seniority list with CAL or at the minimum, a direct flow over there, but that boat was missed years ago sadly.

-Neal

You know, it's funny and sad at the same time to watch pilots fight each other...

I think I'm going to go nuke a bag of popcorn and watch the show

Neal,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I don't even claim to have the knowledge, wisdom, or experience to provide meaningful solutions - I have ideas but don't know their feasibility. You're right - local MEC's are "ALPA" for all line pilots and change only begins are the local level.

I do disagree that ALPA National should be political. Yes, they are there to represent airline pilots in our Legislative branch but it's my feeling that National has drifted too far, politically. Unfortunately, I feel that has come at the expense of building unity among the pilot groups.

Time will tell about our futures - we only hope for the best.

HMM

JackFlyer said:
There is a very very very simple solution to the TSA vs GoJets debate....

TSA.... STOP FLYING FOR AA!!!

Then there will be no need for GOJETS.

SO EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND BE DONE WITH THIS...

You CAN'T always have your CAKE and EAT it TOO!

I understand your frustration. We do not make the decision of who we fly for. BTW, YOU don't seem very bothered about Regions Air flying those J31s for AA....why? just because they are not Eagle planes or because they are "just J31s"

JackFlyer said:
Now you sit here on this board and bitch that no one should go to GoJets, because they didn't have the balls to walk a picket line to get a NO ALTER EGO CLAUSE in their contract.

WE DO HAVE AN "ALTER EGO CLAUSE" IN OUR CONTRACT!!!

It states that "the company shall not create an alter-ego carrier to get around the terms of our contract" well the company is saying "we didnt create it to get around YOUR contract we did it to get around APA's contract so yours dont count. BS!! A grievance has been filed. ONE LIST!!

This has to be the most entertaining thread I've seen. Also sad at some of the immaturity. After seeing some of these post I doubt regional pilots will ever be able to work together to make RJ flying a better career for all it is in everyones best interest. If this thread is getting the exposure I think it is, I would recommend that some of you TSA guys not let your frustration/anger jeopardize the professional image of all RJ pilots.

BluDevAv8r said:
Let me ask you this I guess....what exactly should/can National do to fix the woes of the industry? How would you do it if you were in their shoes? What are the problems of the regional jet pilot at the moment? How can National fix those problems? I have my own views on what the problems are and how to fix them but I'd like to hear some others as well.

-Neal

Well, I'm no expert but I do have an idea here. I noticed that my copmany's contract was signed by, among others, Duane Woerth. Apparently he must also approve these contracts. Has he ever declined to sign one because he thought it would be harmful to ALPA pilots as a whole? It seems to me that should be one of his primary functions; to see the big picture. Each individual MEC negotiates on it's own, but national must approve the results. I think there should be some guidelines put out by national and any contract not meeting them doesn't get signed.

Does national actually have to sign to make it legal? If so, would this work? What would the ramifications be? What happens if it ends up deadlocked because the company will not agree to the national standards? I don't know the answer to any of these questions which is why I'm asking. You asked for views so please don't flame too much.

I promised myself that this will be my last post on this issue.. If some of you think that any of you RJ guys have any kind of good union contract etc. etc. You are very mistaken. I have noticed that most if not all Regionals even XJT pay their copilots aprox $20/hr to start and after a couple of years they were still in the $30/hr range. I can only guess that health benefits for a guy with a family is aprox $400-500/mo. Plus dont forget the union dues. If you remind me of "oh how the senior guys make 100k+" it just shows the example of the " I got mine" or "its all about me" attitude. Please I am not bashing or trying to create a flame here. I think if ALPA and its members really gave a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, this situation would'nt be happening. I paid my dues along time ago and it really saddens me that not much has'nt changed..except that RJs are taking over the majority of the industry and its hard to scratch out a living flying them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back