• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to confirm their position on all of this, can we assume that the RJDICs are happy about this start-up? I mean, big airplanes, small paychecks, "efficient" regional airline work rules........isn't it exactly what the RJDC is all about?

Please inform us all how this fits in the big fat RJDC picture.

Thank you.

BluDevAv8r said:
This isn't about being union or non-union...pro-union...yada yada. It is purely about the creation of an illegal alter-ego carrier formed solely for the purposes of avoiding the TSA CBA. Period.

I've read TSA management's retort to TSA ALPA's literature and it is quite sickening.

-Neal

It is more than just that!!! It is designed to circumvent the American Airlines
Pilot's Scope clause.

AA

AAflyer said:
It is more than just that!!! It is designed to circumvent the American Airlines Pilot's Scope clause. AA

This is joing to screw everybody to some degree. Insert Airline. These people are lowering the bar so much J.O. must be getting a woody, and saying "I thought of it first!"

AAflyer said:
It is more than just that!!! It is designed to circumvent the American Airlines
Pilot's Scope clause.

I totally agree

Which is why I'd like to see more noise coming from the AA guys.
It goes even further however, this will also serve to brake scopes at regionals as well. Regionals that have worked hard over the years to bring the bar up. Bringing and keeping the bar up at regionals is in everyone's best interest.

I find all of this talk about unionism among airline pilots quite amusing. We all just appear to be fighting over scraps here. If there was any real labor unionism among airline pilots most of you would be flying 737's or better instead of RJs.

Moonshiner said:
I find all of this talk about unionism among airline pilots quite amusing. We all just appear to be fighting over scraps here. If there was any real labor unionism among airline pilots most of you would be flying 737's or better instead of RJs.

Since when do unions manage airlines and make aircraft selections? The market always wins (rightsize the market with the right gauge aircraft)....but with that said, jets of all sizes should have stayed on the mainline side but short-sightedness prevented that from happening. Maybe I'm missing you but are you saying that if we all had it "our way" that we'd be flying 737's from IAH to PSP with 24 people on them so we can lose even more money?

-Neal

Moonshiner said:
Blu, you're right, I should not have been aircraft specific. It's really the paycheck I'm talking about.

Well then I agree with you. However, the current mess we are in with small jet providers bidding on one another's business further driving down pilot pay levels for these aircraft is the genesis of short-sightedness on the part of the mainline MEC's years ago. The small jet provider "bidding process" has become a handicap on small jet bargaining. If anyone knows the reality of that fact, I certainly do. With that said, progress has been made on the pilot pay levels of these aircraft...as well as quality of life issues and job security - it has just been stunted by several small jet carriers who insist on bidding for business based on labor rates alone. Sad.

-Neal

Here it comes,

I must have been under a rock. How long has this go-jet stuff been around? As one who is familiar with the Freedom Air BS, I have been concerned for some time that managements around the country would take JO's playbook and run.

Man! this is cr#p. This a complete assault on the wages and benefits of all of us. These management a@s clowns sure figured out how to cut their labor costs in half. "Hey little boy...want some candy". The next thing you know is you're working in some sweat shop in Bangladesh popping out sneakers for .25 cents an hour.

I see two different sides here.

I can in no way criticize an experienced long-time ALPA member who is furloughe and just wants a job. In many cases they have been paying their dues for years, and have given more of their lives to the industry than many of the pilots whom they are supposedly undercutting. Ditto for long-time frieght dogs and such who have paid their dues for years. I guess I take a bigger view and consider a person's "career seniority" more than I do a particular pilot list.

If a senior pilot at TSA is bothered by what is happening at GoJet, I have sympathy. If it is some 1000-hour new-hire? Go FK yourself. Some of these pilots applying at Goet might have been hauling boxes when you were still in Jr. High.

Latest resources

Back