Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuelflow said:
Keep in mind that management usually controls the hiring process. Unless you cross a picket line, there are rarely repercussions.

I just think that this whole GoJet thing is a completely different animal. A lot of the guys going there are very pro-union. They are represented by the Teamsters, and I hear they are in the process of negotiating a very good contract.

This isn't about being union or non-union...pro-union...yada yada. It is purely about the creation of an illegal alter-ego carrier formed solely for the purposes of avoiding the TSA CBA. Period.

I've read TSA management's retort to TSA ALPA's literature and it is quite sickening.

-Neal

If it's an illegal alter-ego then it will be taken care of legally by ALPA. It sounds more like management is avoiding steep fines by APA and AA.

fuelflow said:
If it's an illegal alter-ego then it will be taken care of legally by ALPA. It sounds more like management is avoiding steep fines by APA and AA.

If that was their sole motivation, then why have 2 separate pilot groups?

fuelflow said:
Keep in mind that management usually controls the hiring process. Unless you cross a picket line, there are rarely repercussions.

I just think that this whole GoJet thing is a completely different animal. A lot of the guys going there are very pro-union. They are represented by the Teamsters, and I hear they are in the process of negotiating a very good contract.

The Teamsters have revoked the Go-Jet Charter. The person who was negotiating the contract was management and was promising to hire his friends after the smoke cleared. Sorry Dave T, Brian had his speaker phone on. Ya just can't trust anybody.

GoFiguare,

No, I am not at GoJets. I will not be going to GoJets. I will not attempt to go to GoJets.

I assume we don't know each other very well?

fuelflow said:

What are you talking about - guys going to GoJet are pro-union? Are you serious? Why are they joining a non-union entity designed to circumvent scope clauses like Freedumb? Only a SUPER-IDIOT could not understand the implications. They are willingly joining a scab employer. If you ask me, these guys/gals are serious scumbags and they will ruin their careers and jumpseat opportunities as a result.

To all you GoJet pilots out there reading this post, forget ever being "accepted" again and you better really, really enjoy the CRJ-700 - it will be the last airplane you fly.... Big mistake you jacka$$es!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuelflow said:

If you knew anyone at CHQ or AMR for that matter, they would tell you that the fines are being payed because the separate certificate is not yet in order. Fines are NOT being payed for having one seniority list.

Legal or Illegal can be defined by the side whose lawyer can find the biggest loophole. Point is, that even if they're doing this because of some loophole some lawyer found in the CBA, it is still an alter ego. An alter ego is wrong for TSA pilots, for all pilots and for this (racing to the bottom) industry. No argument for it will change that fact.

Last edited:
fuelflow said:

Dude are you serious? You call these back stabbers pro union? Teamsters or not, they are far from being pro union. Good contract or not, still does in no way justify them going to an ALTER EGO!

fuelflow said:
A lot of the guys going there are very pro-union. They are represented by the Teamsters, and I hear they are in the process of negotiating a very good contract.

Dude, you're retarded. If they were so pro-union, ALPA would already be over there. These SORES (not quite SCABS) will lay down for Hulas and his shiny new jets.

Latest resources

Back