Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jparks said:
Whats the difference between Mesa and GOJet? Is GOJet doing the same kind of thing?

Yep, they are.

Also, a few of them over there are ex Great Plains pilots. One of their old check airman started her new career today.

Hey, Swayze, you over there too?

Will GoJets pilots have a company ID badge that is different from the TSA badge? Didn't the Freedumb pilots have two company ID's - one Freedumb and one Mesa - that helped them sneak into jumpseats?

Just curious.

BlackPilot628 said:
From what I understand.

Off the Streets.

About 10 of them are Eagle, 2 to 3 Furlw TWA guys, and then a few from other 121 Carriers.

Funny, everyone gets on the low-time pilots and CFIs cases about taking these sorts of jobs, and here the first class of this shady operation is all prior 121 guys.

Guitar Guy said:
Will GoJets pilots have a company ID badge that is different from the TSA badge? Didn't the Freedumb pilots have two company ID's - one Freedumb and one Mesa - that helped them sneak into jumpseats?

Just curious.

Good question!
Yes;

TSA IDs are blue with the TSA logo

GOJET IDs are WHITE WITH THEIR LOGO ON THE TOP PART OF THE ID IN BLUE LETTERS

ONE LIST!!!!

FlyChicaga said:
Funny, everyone gets on the low-time pilots and CFIs cases about taking these sorts of jobs, and here the first class of this shady operation is all prior 121 guys.

Agreed,

Thus, the more reason I'll be glad to have a W&B problem when they approach my JS. Who knows, I may not be that polite.

If true, I'm really suprised at the number of Eagle guys. Sad

Guitar Guy said:

Just curious.

How would having a seperate ID help them "sneak into jumpseats?"

MINIME said:
Thus, the more reason I'll be glad to have a W&B problem when they approach my JS. Who knows, I may not be that polite.

I'll be surprised If I ever see one show up on COEX, bit if it happens... I'll be VERY polite.

In my nicest, most sincere voice.. "I'm sorry, I can't let you on. You are a SCAB. Have a nice day."

scar1900 said:

Co-workers at my previous company said that some Freedumb people would show only their Mesa ID when trying to get on to a jumpseat with us. As a good portion of my former co-workers carried a Freedumb list with them, it was usually easy to spot the people trying to downplay or cover up their Freedumb status. But most of the Freedumb pilots knew how they were viewed and as such, tried to hide their identity as much as possible.

scar1900 said:

In the Freedumb situation, when Freedumb was dissolved back into MESA all the Freedumb pilots were brought back uder the ALPA seniority list and they were issued Mesa badges instead of their Freedumb ones so if you didn't have the list of names of the original Freedumb pilots you didn't know if they were actually Mesa or Freedumb. Thats how they would sneak into the J/S.

Latest resources

Back