• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also heard they were several orginal Freedumb pilots that left Mesa to go fly at Jetblue. So much for repercussion.

Sioux115 said:
I also heard they were several orginal Freedumb pilots that left Mesa to go fly at Jetblue. So much for repercussion.

I would say that flying for JetWho is a repercussion. It is but a small step above Mesa. Maybe.

Keep in mind that management usually controls the hiring process. Unless you cross a picket line, there are rarely repercussions.

I just think that this whole GoJet thing is a completely different animal. A lot of the guys going there are very pro-union. They are represented by the Teamsters, and I hear they are in the process of negotiating a very good contract.

Last edited:
fuelflow said:
They are represented by the Teamsters, and I hear they are in the process of negotiating a very good contract.

Let's hope that their contract is at least as good as the ones the Teamsters got for the pilots at Great Lakes to vote on late last year...:rolleyes:

Any airline flying 19-seat airplanes feeding United is not going to get anything. Keep in mind the IBT also represents Chautauqua, Horizon, Airborne Express and NetJets (currently preparing for a strike).

Last edited:
TSA has my support! This should be unacceptable to all of us regardless of who our union is, ALPA or Teamsters. Unfortunately, not all of our fellow aviators understand the situation. This has not really made it into the mainstream press. On the surface, it sounds like TSA is JUST trying to avoid a scope clause. Those of us who actually visit web boards and read aviation press know better. Those who do not, have no clue. Two pilots from my airline were discussing how "The new airline, Go-Jets" was looking pretty good! After my initial shock, I quickly informed them of the situation. They had no idea!!! I have known both of these people for a while and both are good decent people(not scab material). Both are not new to the industry and one is VERY experienced for the regional level. They just don't know! I pointed them both towards TSAlounge and Flightinfo.

Maybe APLA needs to take an official stand on this and mail out an inforamtional flyer??? An officil picket line???

I feel most of the future Ho-Jeters don't and won't understand what they are doing until it is too late. They need to be informed.

That sounded interesting. If any union has the nads to put up an informational picket line anywhere across the path to the class rooms or training facilities THEN the pilots in question will have crossed a picket line and EARNED the sobriquet.

What is required in the way of permits etc. to stage a peaceful demonstration without being arrested at the request of management?

I heard that the class has been postponed. How's that for a preview of things to come at Ho-Jets!

Latest resources

Back