Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give it up, you're still stuck in 05. No one turns their IDs around...

Ok, how about this.

If you guys don't have problems with other pilots:

Why do you still have separate parking in STL when every other pilot who lives in STL parks in employee parking?

Tonight when I was walking through ORD, 2 GJ FOs were walking along through F. One had he ID turned around and tucked in his shirt between the buttons. They walk by me, get all quiet and can't even bring themselves to look me in the eye. Scum.

In SYR a couple months ago, my crew and I are being brought back from Panera and the van driver says he has to swing by the airport to pick up a crew. We get there, and as we're pulling up to the crew standing at the curb, he (the van driver) realizes it's a GJ crew speeds off and takes us back to the hotel first. The GJ CA literally stood there with his stupid jaw hanging wide open. Most of van drivers know the real story about what happend, and I educate the unfortunate ones that have to pick you POS' up and stay at the same hotel we do.

Ever hear the story why there are no "GoJet Crew" bag tags and you have those orange United ones instead? The way I understand, in the begining the rampers were loyal to TSA and whenever a GJ plane would come in, since all the carryons are carried in the same location as crew luggage, all the crew luggage would be off-loaded and sent to baggage claim, so that when the crew got to the end of the night, they had no bags. I wish I was there to see that...perfection.

The countless GJers that are denied daily the jumpseat trying to commute. It happens, like it or not.

So if you guys are "ok" now with a contract and a union, why is all this stuff still happening? All GJers are scum and will always be scum no matter when you started there. Doesn't matter if you helped start it or started there last week. Enjoy your sham of a career.

Wow we have some ********************in cry baby's here. You shoulda just went to GJ and you would all have a job now or at least not be worried about losing your current one. I will totally agree the original GJ pilots are dbags but.... How can you blame me when I was just starting my PPL when all this crap went down. All I'm hearing is opinions here it makes me glad I didn't think to wana ever work at TSA. It seems like you guys live a "that time of the month" 24/7. Seriously stop fuggin whining and move on the past is the past. You keep beating a dead horse.

They keep beating the dead horse inside their pants as well...take the job feed your family, and let the bitter losers whine as they like..it's an alpa carrier that has not struck, or performed struck work..

I believe that you have to be a foreigner to work at Go-Jets.

ignorance is bliss

Man here lemme tell you this...wherever I go I'll try to get you in you just have to promise me this...research your airlines carefully. I knew what was going on between GJ and TSA before I showed up...I knew what was happening between the hotels in Carbondale before I worked at the Ramada. I just chose the one which would have been a good experience. I know TSA wasnt/isnt the worlds greatest airline but I know for a fact that the people I fly with over (here) there are some of the best pilots/individuals/socializers in this industry. Besides that I had about 40 pilots on property that knew me from SIU to be a big help in making the jump from SIU to 121.

Now I'm going to be serious-cat here for a moment. If you honestly think GJ is your best option then you go there. Only you can make that choice...not me...not SIU instructors and not women. All I ask is that you research the airlines out there first and dont get into fights here on FI...these are pilots behind the usernames.

AIM me or something if you need me to explain anything since the Vicodin is really kicking in now.

How can you blame me when I was just starting my PPL when all this crap went down.
Because you should have educated yourself on the history of your potential employer.

Seriously stop fuggin whining and move on the past is the past. You keep beating a dead horse.
You know who else uses that excuse? A scab. I know you aren't one, so don't use their excuses.

NO one really cares what TSA pilots think of Gojet. The majors surely don't. Do you really think guys with thousands of hours of Boeing time would jeapardize getting hired to fly one again by working for such an airline? Grow up - no one cares. TSA stole every bit of flying it ever got from other carriers. Eagle pilots hate TSA pilots, ACA and Air Whiskey guys hate TSA pilots (My neighbor is one of them).

Trans States guys are no different, you just lost your gamble from an MEC that didn't know what it was doing and played their Ace up their sleeve only to get trumped in court and by the NMB, have no where else to go but try to spin it however you can, and now try to take it out on innocent Gojet pilots who had nothing to do with it and are furloughed pilots from other carriers.

Gojet and TSA are no different than Skywest and ASA. Two separate airlines on two separate certificates. And before you even TRY to go there and say it's alter-ego, remember, that argument was lost not only in court but at the NMB. But go ahead and go there, you want to because it makes you feel better. No one cares.

I hope every TSA pilot who finds themselves furloughed will take advantage of pref hiring at Gojet and get back in the air rather than be stupid and NOT fly, NOT gain Jet experience and flip burgers instead. Pilots can upgrade as soon as they make the minimum flight times, and they get a 1 for 1 for every hour in the plane, with upgrades in a 75,000 lb airplane coming as quick as you can make the time in it. Pilots with over 3500 hours are going directly into the left seat. Turbojet 121 PIC time is golden. Go ahead and flip burgers and see what that does for the majors. There is no picket line being crossed here, the majors don't care about where you worked or where you got your PIC time. I also have NEVER seen a GoJet pilot "hold his head down", or "hide" in ORD (dumbasses believe that).

GoJet is just about the only regional currently hiring and not furloughing, and just about the only regional that not only is growing, but growing like crazy. A pilot hired today will be half-way up the seniority list by the end of 2009. Pay sucks, it is just above Mesa in the right seat but in the middle of the road in the left seat (but still sucks) for regional 70-seat pay.

From what it looks like though, Gojet's not having a problem hiring both high-time and TSA furloughed pilots. Pilots at Gojet have been hired at every Major and Southwest. The false rumors spread by the spikey-haired pilots who were born in the mid 80's or later, don't know what shoe polish is or how to turn on an Iron are wrong and can barely spell ATP (which is OK, they don't have one), let alone get their pulse on what is going on in the industry, and they are just upset because Gojet was formed to get around the strangle-hold of American Airlines, NOT the TSA pilots, and their little gamble did not pay off trying to force one list.

Good luck to all.

I know another airline that got around "the strangle-hold of american airlines" as you put it. They kept their seniority list intact. Look it up.

I am going to spend the rest of my life finding a way to make airlines obsolete. Only then will this madness end.

Latest resources

Back