Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO one really cares what TSA pilots think of Gojet. The majors surely don't. Do you really think guys with thousands of hours of Boeing time would jeapardize getting hired to fly one again by working for such an airline? Grow up - no one cares. TSA stole every bit of flying it ever got from other carriers. Eagle pilots hate TSA pilots, ACA and Air Whiskey guys hate TSA pilots (My neighbor is one of them).

Trans States guys are no different, you just lost your gamble from an MEC that didn't know what it was doing and played their Ace up their sleeve only to get trumped in court and by the NMB, have no where else to go but try to spin it however you can, and now try to take it out on innocent Gojet pilots who had nothing to do with it and are furloughed pilots from other carriers.

Gojet and TSA are no different than Skywest and ASA. Two separate airlines on two separate certificates. And before you even TRY to go there and say it's alter-ego, remember, that argument was lost not only in court but at the NMB. But go ahead and go there, you want to because it makes you feel better. No one cares.

I hope every TSA pilot who finds themselves furloughed will take advantage of pref hiring at Gojet and get back in the air rather than be stupid and NOT fly, NOT gain Jet experience and flip burgers instead. Pilots can upgrade as soon as they make the minimum flight times, and they get a 1 for 1 for every hour in the plane, with upgrades in a 75,000 lb airplane coming as quick as you can make the time in it. Pilots with over 3500 hours are going directly into the left seat. Turbojet 121 PIC time is golden. Go ahead and flip burgers and see what that does for the majors. There is no picket line being crossed here, the majors don't care about where you worked or where you got your PIC time. I also have NEVER seen a GoJet pilot "hold his head down", or "hide" in ORD (dumbasses believe that).

GoJet is just about the only regional currently hiring and not furloughing, and just about the only regional that not only is growing, but growing like crazy. A pilot hired today will be half-way up the seniority list by the end of 2009. Pay sucks, it is just above Mesa in the right seat but in the middle of the road in the left seat (but still sucks) for regional 70-seat pay.

From what it looks like though, Gojet's not having a problem hiring both high-time and TSA furloughed pilots. Pilots at Gojet have been hired at every Major and Southwest. The false rumors spread by the spikey-haired pilots who were born in the mid 80's or later, don't know what shoe polish is or how to turn on an Iron are wrong and can barely spell ATP (which is OK, they don't have one), let alone get their pulse on what is going on in the industry, and they are just upset because Gojet was formed to get around the strangle-hold of American Airlines, NOT the TSA pilots, and their little gamble did not pay off trying to force one list.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
At th end of the day, there are more scabs working at Continental (remember children?)...so would you dissuade someone from accepting employment there??

The AVERAGE flight time in my Gojet class was almost 10,000 hours. Our high-time guy had 19,000 hours. We had only 1 low-time guy, a Trans States guy with 1,000 hours who also happens to be an extremely sharp stick. All the others have extensive Jet experience, several type ratings and most have half their time in the left seat of Boeings.

Gojet's chief pilot won't even call anyone (other than a TSA furloughed pilot) with less than 4,500 hours for an interview. He told me that himself. He's got a stack of resumes a foot high from guys with high time, and those without the time go right in the trash.

And who can defend that? Let's furlough our own pilots and hire them again!!

You guys suck!!!!

GoJet is just about the only regional currently hiring and not furloughing, and just about the only regional that not only is growing, but growing like crazy. A pilot hired today will be half-way up the seniority list by the end of 2009. Pay sucks, it is just above Mesa in the right seat but in the middle of the road in the left seat (but still sucks) for regional 70-seat pay.

From what it looks like though, Gojet's not having a problem hiring both high-time and TSA furloughed pilots. Pilots at Gojet have been hired at every Major and Southwest. The false rumors spread by the spikey-haired pilots who were born in the mid 80's or later, don't know what shoe polish is or how to turn on an Iron are wrong and can barely spell ATP (which is OK, they don't have one), let alone get their pulse on what is going on in the industry, and they are just upset because Gojet was formed to get around the strangle-hold of American Airlines, NOT the TSA pilots, and their little gamble did not pay off trying to force one list.

Good luck to all.

There were more than spikey haired people hurt by gojet. People trying to raise famiies were given pay cuts and furloughed when gojet was still hiring off the street for captain positions.

Gojet might not be furloughing but the company that runs it is. Only a dirtbag operator would furlough pilots and hire them again. It should be one list, it SHOULD HAVE been one list from the start. Hulas should have been the one to do that, not the MEC.
I hope the history of your company stays in the open.

I don't care if you guys are being hired anywere else. That doesn't make it alright.

There were more than spikey haired people hurt by gojet. People trying to raise famiies were given pay cuts and furloughed when gojet was still hiring off the street for captain positions.

Gojet might not be furloughing but the company that runs it is. Only a dirtbag operator would furlough pilots and hire them again. It should be one list, it SHOULD HAVE been one list from the start. Hulas should have been the one to do that, not the MEC.
I hope the history of your company stays in the open.

I don't care if you guys are being hired anywere else. That doesn't make it alright.

Says you. Says your MEC. The fact is, they are different airlines and they should NOT be one list, as was proved by the NMB and the Courts.

The bottom line is, Gojet's flying is NOT hurting TSA's flying. TSA does not fly 70-seat Jets. Gojet has not taken any flying from TSA, however TSA has taken all of its flying from other carriers. If Gojet did not exist, those pilots would still be furloughed. At least now they get preferrential hiring at just about the only airline who is hiring right now (and it IS a separate airline, as I stated above, no different than Skywest and ASA).

It's convenient to call other people dirtbags or dirtbag operators, but when you do you should be sure you have looked in the mirror, first.

nwa_contrails: Whatever. And.. WHO do you fly for?

Some people just do not want to face reality and only see the world the way they want to see it instead of how it really is. The fact that I, like most of the professional world, don't care about the little pissing contest between the TSA pilots and Hulas because he wanted to grow his business at TSAH, and the only way to do that was to start another airline to get around AA's scope, and he had the money to start up a completely different airline, that they tried to strong-arm him through legal channels and failed and now are all pissed because of it, is moot and no no one gives a sh!t, no one will ever give a sh!t, save the TSA pilots, who are no different than any other regional, who steal flying from whomever they can, whenever they can. And I'm the one who's brainwashed? Wake up!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back