Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does having 20,000 hours make you tougher, stronger, or meaner? I know plenty 20,000 hour pilots and I'd take any of them on in a street fight any day.

Pilots start losing their "gung-ho" factor at around 6,000 hours, from I have seen. I've never met a 20,000 hr pilot that could kick my ass either. ;-)

This only two Go Jet pilots I ever saw at FSI was some spikey haired kid who looked about 13 years old sporting an ALPA lanyard and his obviously foreign sim partner (who looked like he was having a very rough time). They probably didn't have 1000 hours between the two of them.

Considering the quality of the grammar in your post I'm guessin' you too are one of these spikey-haired guys, and I doubt you have much more time, you speak with ignorance.

The AVERAGE flight time in my Gojet class was almost 10,000 hours. Our high-time guy had 19,000 hours. We had only 1 low-time guy, a Trans States guy with 1,000 hours who also happens to be an extremely sharp stick. All the others have extensive Jet experience, several type ratings and most have half their time in the left seat of Boeings.

Gojet's chief pilot won't even call anyone (other than a TSA furloughed pilot) with less than 4,500 hours for an interview. He told me that himself. He's got a stack of resumes a foot high from guys with high time, and those without the time go right in the trash.

I DID see two "kids" playing pilot with spikey hair and one had an Ipod on his belt (yes, in flight safety, and no, not an iPhone!) and they were wearing ALPA lanyards too, but they were there for the 170 for Shuttle America. They were on their sim break and both typing about 80 words per minute with their thumbs texting people.

Regionals will have spikey-or frosty-haired twenty-somethings that still have their high school graduation cap tassle hanging from their rear-view mirrors of their cars who all think they "made it now" and fly around in a Jet that should be flown by a Major, and they all think their sh!t don't stink and they are the best pilot ever, meanwhile the sim instructors just roll their eyes watching them try to do V-1 cuts and trying to figure out what you mean by "fly the profile". I'm sure Gojet is no different, but neither is your own airline, mister 2,000 hrs.

Last edited:
I guess not 1800 282 ALPA

Considering the quality of the grammar in your post I'm guessin' you too are one of these spikey-haired guys, and I doubt you have much more time, you speak with ignorance.

The AVERAGE flight time in my Gojet class was almost 10,000 hours. Our high-time guy had 19,000 hours. We had only 1 low-time guy, a Trans States guy with 1,000 hours who also happens to be an extremely sharp stick. All the others have extensive Jet experience, several type ratings and most have half their time in the left seat of Boeings.

Gojet's chief pilot won't even call anyone (other than a TSA furloughed pilot) with less than 4,500 hours for an interview. He told me that himself. He's got a stack of resumes a foot high from guys with high time, and those without the time go right in the trash.

I DID see two "kids" playing pilot with spikey hair and one had an Ipod on his belt (yes, in flight safety, and no, not an iPhone!) and they were wearing ALPA lanyards too, but they were there for the 170 for Shuttle America. They were on their sim break and both typing about 80 words per minute with their thumbs texting people.

Regionals will have spikey-or frosty-haired twenty-somethings that still have their high school graduation cap tassle hanging from their rear-view mirrors of their cars who all think they "made it now" and fly around in a Jet that should be flown by a Major, and they all think their sh!t don't stink and they are the best pilot ever, meanwhile the sim instructors just roll their eyes watching them try to do V-1 cuts and trying to figure out what you mean by "fly the profile". I'm sure Gojet is no different, but neither is your own airline, mister 2,000 hrs.

I only have 2000 hours, and yet you are still beneath me because you work for Go Jet. Imagine that! :laugh:

Gj trains in STL Flight Safety. When you see those guys around I dare you to stop them and tell those exact words to their face. Find one that preferably looks like they have 20000 hours.

Scumbag pilot + 20,000 hours = 20,000 hour scumbag pilot

What do you know? It all adds up!

By the way, I'd be glad to let some HoJet pilots know what I think of them, but every time I walk through Terminal 2 in O'Hare they all seem to be hiding. Maybe they walk around carrying fake bushes in front of them so nobody will see them. Or maybe it's because cockroaches all go scurrying away when the lights go on.

By the way, I'd be glad to let some HoJet pilots know what I think of them, but every time I walk through Terminal 2 in O'Hare they all seem to be hiding. Maybe they walk around carrying fake bushes in front of them so nobody will see them. Or maybe it's because cockroaches all go scurrying away when the lights go on.

Ooohhhh a zinger, don't worry ORD will be full of Gojet before you know it, flying flights that you were never wanted. Classes every month until late next year.

Ooohhhh a zinger, don't worry ORD will be full of Gojet before you know it, flying flights that you were never wanted. Classes every month until late next year.

If you're so proud of your HoJob would you mind giving me your name? My list needs updating.

This coming from the Obama supporter? Thanks for the laugh.

Gup

Not a problem...when you're out on your a$$ because of a man who dislikes labor unions feel free to laugh a little more. If you dont know already unemployment in this country is a b#tch...thanks again CX880... I owe you one...

Not a problem...when you're out on your a$$ because of a man who dislikes labor unions feel free to laugh a little more. If you dont know already unemployment in this country is a b#tch...thanks again CX880... I owe you one...

GJ is pref hiring TSA. 10 already here, with more in different classes according to hr. By the way I'm still undecided, don't like both.

Latest resources

Back