• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Go Jet Airlines, a reasonable option or a way to the blacklist?

pal

Total Time
7000+
Is Go Jet still looked on very negatively by fellow airline pilots or is it considered an acceptable employment option in this difficult market?

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Don't do it....You'll never be able to wash the stench off of you!

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
If you let other pilots ( in the case a VERY small minority) tell you what is a good move or not.....you will never get anywhere--its only a regional.

.....other than crossing a picket line, do what you want----you will be just fine and can easily get hired anywhere.

There are plenty TWA, ATA, Aloha, Champion etc at Gojet.....I would dare a punk pimple faced kid to call one of these guys names.

This has been discussed plenty lately---they have a contact and a union, end of story.

p.s. 10-15 pages of whining from the SAME ole vocal MINORITY who dont like Gojet is about to ensue.

Last edited:

Twinpilot

"Obey Me!"
Total Time
You are more than welcome to work for blow-jet...and you are more than welcome to retire there as well!

OCP

Total Time
eh...
"they have a contract and a union" That's some funny $h!t! Look into those two things and then decide.

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
FAST upgrade is your number one priority---the rest is nothing--get your time and you WILL move on to a place where fighting for a good contract will matter.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
...anyone mention the scumbag factor?

lowlycfi

Total Time
-
Geez, another one of these threads. I'll take the over on the 10-15 page prediction.

CX880

Total Time
...anyone mention the scumbag factor?

Gj trains in STL Flight Safety. When you see those guys around I dare you to stop them and tell those exact words to their face. Find one that preferably looks like they have 20000 hours.

GOULET!

Oh look..a bighorn!
Total Time
Ream
So having 20,000 hours makes it ok to work at a scumbag operation like that? Im sure there are plenty of TSAer's that would gladly say it to their face.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
Gj trains in STL Flight Safety. When you see those guys around I dare you to stop them and tell those exact words to their face. Find one that preferably looks like they have 20000 hours.

You know I just want to thank you for justifying me losing my job. I am an actually stand up guy and if someone engaged me in this conversation in person I WOULD say exactly what I thought. That being said I also am a cynical bastard on these boards....humor and sarcasm must have missed you in grammar school.

Don't get me wrong...GJ does get my blood heated....and I WILL let you know about it if provoked.

Your move kid...

DoinTime

Total Time
6000+
Find one that preferably looks like they have 20000 hours.

Does having 20,000 hours make you tougher, stronger, or meaner? I know plenty 20,000 hour pilots and I'd take any of them on in a street fight any day.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
Does having 20,000 hours make you tougher, stronger, or meaner? I know plenty 20,000 hour pilots and I'd take any of them on in a street fight any day.

HA! Well I wasnt going to go THAT far...mainly because I havent been in shape in about...say...5 years...need to work on that with my new found CX880 free time!

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
Any of the ALPA cheerleaders want to explain why Major carriers such as Delta have hired GoJet pilots?

GoJet is just another alter-ego carrier just like all the other carriers......We all fall in the same boat......ALPA dropped the ball....

ifly4u

Total Time
This only two Go Jet pilots I ever saw at FSI was some spikey haired kid who looked about 13 years old sporting an ALPA lanyard and his obviously foreign sim partner (who looked like he was having a very rough time). They probably didn't have 1000 hours between the two of them.

stlflyguy

UL Listed
Total Time
It seems like we each get a turn drawing the short stick. Trans States fell into a bunch of TWA's old flying...the TSA guys didn't really seem to mind that much.

Getting screwed....it's all relative.

stlflyguy

nwa_contrails

Total Time
+
This only two Go Jet pilots I ever saw at FSI was some spikey haired kid who looked about 13 years old sporting an ALPA lanyard and his obviously foreign sim partner (who looked like he was having a very rough time). They probably didn't have 1000 hours between the two of them.

2 *agJetters wearing ALPA lanyards...no surprise there. I've seen them sporting ALPA pins before, too.

CX880

Total Time
So having 20,000 hours makes it ok to work at a scumbag operation like that? Im sure there are plenty of TSAer's that would gladly say it to their face.

You don't know what you're talking about, as most out there don't. It's all hearsay based on posts by 20 year olds bored on reserve. Truth is out there.