• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... a deep seeded hatred because the East is actively working to harm the West. They can stop doing this anytime they want. They choose not to and therefore the East is solely responsible for instigating and propagating the "disagreement". (The whole idea of binding arbitration is that it doesn't matter if you disagree with the result.)Until USAPA and the East realizes what you concisely put into one sentence the conflict will continue.

The whole uproar on the video is because the west guys don't want to pay back the $1,500 that they owe the company. They spent an hour outlining how the damn east pilots are somehow behind this! It is a conspiracy to prevent the west pilots from having more money to donate to AOL, back room deal with Doug, evil USAPA... If you want a good laugh, watch the video. You will see a bunch of "adults" acting like fools.

I believe that many, not all, east pilots have come to a realization that they'll be working under the current book until they retire. Why? LOA 93. They're willing to put up with the work rules to preserve their seniority and be the sole beneficiaries of the retirements on their list, as long as the snap backs occur. Once every east FO is CA, maybe they'll return to the table to negotiate seat locks along with an integrated list. Just an opinion I've formed from speaking with those folks, no one has ever actually said this to me.

A likely scenario; this could easily remain tied up in various stages of litigation for 5-10 more years and then there is still a contract to be negotiated. Unless a merger or fragmentation/liquidation intervenes first.

The whole uproar on the video is because the west guys don't want to pay back the $1,500 that they owe the company.
You obviously didn't watch the whole video because you missed the part where both sides agreed the anger isn't about the money but about how the grievance was handled by Parella. The West pilots wanted the debt paid by having future distance-learning events go unpaid. Parella never even suggested that possibility. She simply declared the arbitration unwinnable and granted the company's pay-back proposal.
They spent an hour outlining how the damn east pilots are somehow behind this! It is a conspiracy to prevent the west pilots from having more money to donate to AOL, back room deal with Doug, evil USAPA..
There were no West pilots involved in Parella's deal with the company. Therefore it's safe to say it was indeed the damn East pilots who are behind this.

See you in Judge Silver's court.

The whole uproar on the video is because the west guys don't want to pay back the $1,500 that they owe the company. They spent an hour outlining how the damn east pilots are somehow behind this! It is a conspiracy to prevent the west pilots from having more money to donate to AOL, back room deal with Doug, evil USAPA... If you want a good laugh, watch the video. You will see a bunch of "adults" acting like fools.

Once again Weasel, you are WRONG. IF we have an overpayment, we simply ask our "union" to represent us according to our contract. FO Parella (under el presidente' Cleary's instruction) WAIVED going through binding arbitration. ALSO, there has been NO ONE that has audited EXACTLY how many hours the distance learning is vs. what is claimed to have been paid.

It's so simple that an angry FO should be able to get it......WE DEMAND FAIR REPRESENTATION FOR OUR UNION DOLLARS AND MEMBERSHIP, or to coin a phrase...WE WANT OUR DAY IN COURT. If we owe the money, then we pay the money.

Oh, BTW.....my "union" said that they wanted the company to take the money from the west pilots per the contract (that would be the amount owed spread over 4 "bid periods" or months). Parker told Parella & Cleary that he would NOT do that, but take the overpayment out over a year.

USAPA is running rough shod over the west pilot group, and trying to harm us in any way that they can think of. Try as you might, we will not lay down and give you your lottery ticket. We stand FIRMLY on legal, moral and ethical grounds. We are funded and loaded for the next round in court. USAPA is OVER BUDGET and much like our current US government budget...it's getting worse.

How does US Airways assign seniority within classes? Age? First/last four of Social Security #? Lottery?

Any rumors on the first class date(s)?

They're only hiring 22 off the street the other 38 are PSA and Piedmont flows... Right? :erm:

the "flow" has been over since sept. 2004 (bk #2). About 125 ALG/PDT/PSA guys made to to class that summer before the end of the program. About 75 remain on the list today.

When US Air hired off the street in 2007/2008 PDT guys got pref interviews. In 07/08 they hired about 100 (or 200 I can't remember which) and I think at least half were from PDT/PSA (the rest from other companies). Most were placed in the east system and some were placed in the west.

The guys hired in 07/08 were all furloughed between sept08 and april 09 (ish). Recalls started in Sept 2010. After the furloughs were called back (or given the chance to come back) the company went to a list of guy hired in 2008 that never made it to class. From my understanding that list is now exhausted and they are going to the street.

Like I posted before in ref. to the july bid with 52 open positions, I was told (this info is about 4 weeks old):

The 52 positions cover flying in the 4th quarter.

28 are guys hired in 2008 that did not make it to class before the furloughs, 4 are guys that are furlughed west and are comming east. That is 32 of the 52 positions. The remaining 20 will be interviewed and hired from the calls that are comming now. Next year the company says it needs to hire 24/month to replace the planned retirements. They did not say when they will start interviewing and hiring for these 2011 positions.

Latest resources

Back