• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You said it right in your post. I figure you have so many resumes, it's just easy to toss out the ones that don't have a four year degree and no internal rec. No biggie. That's why I am paying through the butt to get my degree done. One less reason for someone to throw out my resume.

You can't just look at the age 65 numbers. There will be several more who medical out and still more that call it quits around 62 when they're eligible for social security. I've flown with quite a few lately who are planning to leave "early"

Fair enough. My point being is I don't think anyone should get to excited about the rumor of hiring 24 a month for all of 2012. We've already had a fair amount of medical outs, and age 62 has been in effect for at least a year or two, and we don't (at least at this point) need 24 a month. The only firm, absolute number the company can count on is age 65. And that flood gate is still a few years off.

Last edited:
You said it right in your post. I figure you have so many resumes, it's just easy to toss out the ones that don't have a four year degree and no internal rec. No biggie. That's why I am paying through the butt to get my degree done. One less reason for someone to throw out my resume.

How about toss out the ones with no type ratings and no turbine PIC.:cool:

How about toss out the ones with no type ratings and no turbine PIC.:cool:

:beer: Nothing is more frustrating than hearing of an FO that got hired somewhere just because he happened to run into someone when jumpseating. I guess on my days off I should just look for full flights on airlines I want to work for so I can sit in the jumpseat. :D

p.s. this wasn't airways.

Fair enough. My point being is I don't think anyone should get to excited about the rumor of hiring 24 a month for all of 2012. We've already had a fair amount of medical outs, and age 62 has been in effect for at least a year or two, and we don't (at least at this point) need 24 a month. The only firm, absolute number the company can count on is age 65. And that flood gate is still a few years off.

Not really accurate. Reality is we are 18 months from the age 65 kicking in. USAis can't wait till then to open the flood gates as they would never be able to keep up. The average initial training lasts 8 weeks including IOE so I see USAir hiring big starting in 16 months at the latest.

:beer: Nothing is more frustrating than hearing of an FO that got hired somewhere just because he happened to run into someone when jumpseating. I guess on my days off I should just look for full flights on airlines I want to work for so I can sit in the jumpseat. :D

p.s. this wasn't airways.

Might consider getting used to it. Too many Regional Captains are going to make careers at the Regionals after the recent years of stagnation. Majors may have to start looking at less qualified applicants like Regional First Officers. That is if there is any truth to this hiring boom nonsense.

You are correct.

So, I can't stay at the regionals, I can't go to Air Tran, I can't go to U.S. Airways. I guess my only options are SWA and Delta? Give me a break. US Airways is better than the regional I am at. There is some risk, but there is also a chance it could work out well for me. This board is funny sometimes. Everyone should be trying to get on at SWA or Delta. I am sure there will be enough jobs for all of us, right?

And if it doesn't ?

PHXFLYR

Latest resources

Back