Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

Anyone have any info on calls being made to the recently applied? Please, no E. vs. W. here. I am just getting antsy.

I would run the other way!!

Anyone have any info on calls being made to the recently applied? Please, no E. vs. W. here. I am just getting antsy.

As previous posters have said, it is expected that about 1/2 the announced vacancies will be filled on east coast bases. There are still 50+ West pilots furloughed that have chosen to wait for a West recall (currently). Of the announced vacancies, about 4 West pilots accepted the East recall.

I would look for calls and interviews to start up in Mid-Summer. I don't know what the response was for the cattle call (I would guess a couple thousand).

Ultimately the dust will settle. Best of Luck!!

You might have to wait a few more weeks. I believe they are filling classes with wholly-owned pilots before they start calling people off the street. Good luck!

Last edited:
You might have to wait a few more weeks. I believe they are filling classes with wholly-owned pilots before they start calling people off the street. Good luck!

from what i have heard, only 8 wholly owned pilots are being released. 4 piedmont and 4 psa. They are too short to release more at this time. The rest will be off the street new hires, additional wholly owned pilots will go into a pool for the next bid and future vacancies.

I would run the other way!!

You might, but the other 9,000 applicants apparently feel otherwise. If Airways was in BK, they'd still have no problem finding thousands of applicants. That's how it works here in the US. There are kids lining up as we speak to drop $150K at ERAU, FSI, Purdue whatever.... and the like for a chance to find themselves at Airways, CAL, DAL and AA making far less than half of what they spent on their ratings....it's never going to be any different.

Not now, not ever.

You might, but the other 9,000 applicants apparently feel otherwise. If Airways was in BK, they'd still have no problem finding thousands of applicants. That's how it works here in the US. There are kids lining up as we speak to drop $150K at ERAU, FSI, Purdue whatever.... and the like for a chance to find themselves at Airways, CAL, DAL and AA making far less than half of what they spent on their ratings....it's never going to be any different.

Not now, not ever.

Sad, and unfortunately true!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back