• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, here's my story. I didn't finish up my four year degree while at Mesaba airlines because I figured if I ended up being stuck here flying a 900 for over $100k towards the end of my career and not commuting, I would be happy. When Delta started requiring a four year degree for us to flow, I decided it would be dumb to not take that opportunity by not having my degree, so I went back to school. Now Pinnacle bought us, I lost the flow, and I am finishing up my four year degree to get the hell out of here because I now see the errors in my previous reasoning. So, while I am finishing up my degree, if I can get on at Airways (which I seem to have a better shot at because of their reputation), it would be a good move to get out of Mesaba (because I don't trust they will be able to keep their current staffing for a couple years). Not only that, if things start looking up for Airways (becaue of new contract or merger), then I will be in a great spot. If things aren't looking up, I will look at my options at that point.

Since everyone is so excited to judge, can I get your blessing? Or maybe I should sit at my regional and take the blame for taking your flying?

Since you quoted my post.....

Did you see anything in my post that said anything about a regional being better than USAirways?

Do you consider Mesaba to be a Major Airline?

Do you have problems with reading comprehension?

Are you a ********************-tard?

Did you see anything in my post that said anything about a regional being better than USAirways?

I am just sick of all the judging going here. I look for information about whether or not calls have gone out, or maybe when they will, and it ends up a bash on the airline I would like to get on with and name calling. Thank you flightinfo.com. Mods, please delete this thread. Obviously getting good information can't be gained here.

I am just sick of all the judging going here. I look for information about whether or not calls have gone out, or maybe when they will, and it ends up a bash on the airline I would like to get on with and name calling. Thank you flightinfo.com. Mods, please delete this thread. Obviously getting good information can't be gained here.

You have to ignore all the haters on here. I have to be honest, Airways hasn't been a bad place for me anyway. Come to work, do my job and go home, the crews are all great for the most part and I have yet to encounter any disrespectful BS from anyone here from training dept all the way to the line. New hires won't get caught up in all the seniority BS because it really has no impact on them, lots of retirements coming up and someday and I emphasize someday we will have a contract. The company is doing good and if there is another merger then you will either be working for DAL,AA or UAL. More opportunity here then any regional or national airline and people who claim otherwise need to have their head examined. Good luck to you!

Are you a Jack@$$?

You have to realize, this is Flightinfo. Half the so called pilots on here are 14 yrs old, typing on mom and dad's computer. Any kind of intelligent questions should be posted on airlinepilotcentral.com's forum or usaviation.
My two cents is that the worst major is better than the best regional. If you come here to fly I think you'll be surprised at the quality of pilots you fly with. Training and chief pilots office is great. Being a newhire should keep you out of the seniority line of fire. Best of luck.

You have to realize, this is Flightinfo. Half the so called pilots on here are 14 yrs old, typing on mom and dad's computer. Any kind of intelligent questions should be posted on airlinepilotcentral.com's forum or usaviation.
My two cents is that the worst major is better than the best regional. If you come here to fly I think you'll be surprised at the quality of pilots you fly with. Training and chief pilots office is great. Being a newhire should keep you out of the seniority line of fire. Best of luck.

100% correct on all of the above. You never know, this place may turn into a gem again one day. None of the legacies are what they used to be and probrably never will be. All you can do is try to make it what you need it to be, that is all.

You have to ignore all the haters on here. I have to be honest, Airways hasn't been a bad place for me anyway. Come to work, do my job and go home, the crews are all great for the most part and I have yet to encounter any disrespectful BS from anyone here from training dept all the way to the line. New hires won't get caught up in all the seniority BS because it really has no impact on them, lots of retirements coming up and someday and I emphasize someday we will have a contract. The company is doing good and if there is another merger then you will either be working for DAL,AA or UAL. More opportunity here then any regional or national airline and people who claim otherwise need to have their head examined. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info. :) I was a bit disheartened when I heard calls may not be coming out till this summer. Here's to hoping it's earlier!! :)

Thanks!!

Right now US Airways is a BIG gamble. Why?. They are desperate for a merger in any form or shape, and for me that sounds a little bit scarry.Why? Doug Parker (US Airways CEO) will do anything to get a merger done. ($$$$$$ in his pocket). And sad to say we the employees are not included in the equation. Management see us as an obstacle. Rumor is the DCA crew base is in the chopping block. (Just a rumor!!!!) Do you imagine a major airline with just two crew bases. How pathetic is that?. IMHO is only for one reason. Yes it's true, US Airways is better that any regional out there, and yes we will have lots of retirements, but that really means nothing if the airline merges eventually. Just my .02 cents. Do what you think is right for your career and good luck.

Latest resources

Back