Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an update:

Straight from the PHL Chief Pilot (J.C)...

Interviews will start next week... I didn't ask if letters or calls went out already, but the bottom line is that we will be interviewing off the street pilot's starting next week... I asked if off the street new hires would get the 190 or group II (AB/737), he said many new hires would get group II to start.. He also said the company realizes there is a problem with the 190 first year pay difference and that something needs be done about that to reduce training costs. The company doesnt want the 190 to be everyones first choice because of the higher pay just to bid off of it the following year after the seat-lock is over. He didn't offer any other information other than it was an issue with the company...

Within the first three weeks of opening the application window, well over 2,000 applications were received... They are going through those now... A very large percentage of the apps were from pilots at the regionals like Air Wisconsin and Republic... Company names he dropped, not prompted by me...

Anyway, good luck to those that want to work here, obviousily there are many that do, regardless of what you read on here...

One last thing, the company realizes the the upcoming retirements will have a huge impact on this airline... Movement is coming... very soon...

If the interviews are next week, they must have already made the calls. Is it possible nobody on FI got a call or know someone who did? Maybe he meant phone interviews next week.

All I can say is be ready! USAirways doesn't give you much "heads up" when it comes to interwiews. For my interview I got called about a week prior.

Good luck.

Ignore the haters on here!

US Airways is actually a pretty good gig. Eventually, the pay will get fixed and a contract will be in place. Great crews, excellent training, new airplanes coming, international expansion, retirements getting ready to start, company is in better finanical shape, if you live in base and bid reserve life is good!
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here but did anyone watch the last town hall meeting on the west? If you think the two groups will ever sit side by side in a cockpit you're kidding yourself. This whole thing has turned into a sworn enemy situation. You'll see gaza and israel holding hands singing kum ba yah before this list gets intergrated, and no list means no new contract. I'm sorry to seem like a "Hater" but a new contract by 2015 is not even an option. To be clear, i'd like nothing more than to see both groups put this whole thing behind them and focus on restoring their pay and benefits, not only for their sake, but also that it would create another viable place to work, for an rj pilot such as myself.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here but did anyone watch the last town hall meeting on the west? If you think the two groups will ever sit side by side in a cockpit you're kidding yourself. This whole thing has turned into a sworn enemy situation. You'll see gaza and israel holding hands singing kum ba yah before this list gets intergrated, and no list means no new contract. I'm sorry to seem like a "Hater" but a new contract by 2015 is not even an option. To be clear, i'd like nothing more than to see both groups put this whole thing behind them and focus on restoring their pay and benefits, not only for their sake, but also that it would create another viable place to work, for an rj pilot such as myself.

Agreed 100%.

Latest resources

Back