• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Getting the call from US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to one of the CP's doing interviews last week an he said they are interviewing to hire 50 pilots. I guess whoever they hire and don't need right away would go into a pool.

I was kinda strange to see the guys getting the training center tours wearing their uniforms but that's what was asked for this time around.

I know of one guy that got the call on Tuesday for a June 15th interview in CLT. Does not work for a wholly-owned. He applied in the beginning of May or so.

Next year the company says it needs to hire 24/month to replace the planned retirements. They did not say when they will start interviewing and hiring for these 2011 positions.

You sure about those stats? As for "planned" retirements, they really don't hit till Dec 2012-2013. And even then, the numbers I've seen, based solely on age 65, don't come close to the company needing 300 pilots in that time frame.

You sure about those stats? As for "planned" retirements, they really don't hit till Dec 2012-2013. And even then, the numbers I've seen, based solely on age 65, don't come close to the company needing 300 pilots in that time frame.

24/month in 2012 is what the 190 boss said in recurrent a few weeks ago.

of course: "current performance is not indicative of future results"

The 190 boss loves to feed the rumor mill. He's also the source of the 'we're going to make the 190 a group 2 aircraft' rumor.

The 190 boss loves to feed the rumor mill. He's also the source of the 'we're going to make the 190 a group 2 aircraft' rumor.

I don't think so - I think he's just passing along what info he has and as for the G2 rumor he said nothing about that when I was in class.

He was spouting off the 190 G2 one 6 weeks or so back. I'm sure he's just passing along what they talk about in their meetings, but he should know better (in my opinion), he's management after all.

When I was in requal indoc, he came in saying we were hiring 80 in the 1st 3 months of 2011, and then ordering 'a ton' more 190's. So now we're hiring 48, and talking about getting rid of the 15 190's we have.

Quote:
How does US Airways assign seniority within classes? Age? First/last four of Social Security #? Lottery?

DOH
Date of Homologation, yo!

Latest resources

Back