• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Burn it down then. Its not like your stock was worth anything anyway. XJT needs ASA a lot more than we need them. We'll be around either way. DOH all the way.

Doooooossh

and the guy rou replied to is a dooooshhhhh

Stop pizzing in the wind. These things are never DOH and...oh never mind, you short sighted idiots!!

Last edited:
The first post of this thread showed a seniority list based on Date of Hire. Can someone create a spreadsheet list that shows relative seniority scenarios. I would do it myself, but I don't know the relative seniority formulas that have been used historically. I think the MECs of both airlines should get off their asses and start sharing some possible integration lists based on a variety of scenarios, including DOH and common relative seniority formulas. After we see some potential outcomes, we can then decide if want to kill each other...

The first post of this thread showed a seniority list based on Date of Hire. Can someone create a spreadsheet list that shows relative seniority scenarios. I would do it myself, but I don't know the relative seniority formulas that have been used historically. I think the MECs of both airlines should get off their asses and start sharing some possible integration lists based on a variety of scenarios, including DOH and common relative seniority formulas. After we see some potential outcomes, we can then decide if want to kill each other...

Heck, if they are gonna do that they might as well put out a DOH merged list and a relative seniority merged list and have the combined pilot group vote on which one we want. Either way it looks good to me. We don't need no stinkin arbitrator.

Straight relative seniority costs me over a year of seniority, and 550 numbers over a DOH list. That is a windfall for XJT guys is it not?

Straight relative seniority costs me over a year of seniority, and 550 numbers over a DOH list. That is a windfall for XJT guys is it not?
Yes, that is awful and completely unacceptable. I think I would lose a few hundred numbers also. DOH is fair and reasonable with some adjustments and protections added to it.

Last edited:
I'm all about this option. With all of my police, CIA, FBI and recurrent ground self defense training I will surely be numero uno when the dust settles.

Not to mention the classic "drop and roll" in MOB! That maneuver alone will get you too the top!

I don't understand the problem with relative seniority. I had a UAL jumpseater who asked if it was fair that a CAL 2005 hire should be senior to him, a 1996 hire, I said yes if that's what their relative seniority would be. You are x% on your premerger company list you should be at the same x% after the integration. That's how it should have been at USAir, that's how it should be at the new UAL, and I think that's how it should be at the new ASA ( with SKYW as well). With relative seniority no one benefits and no one is harmed, everyone is where they were before any integration. Let's face it, it's really only one aircraft type, it's not like the 700 and 900 pay much more than the 50 seaters.

If there is ever a significantly larger airplane on property the relative seniority will screw many pilots.. Why should someone hired 1-2 years after me get first dibs at a larger aircraft?

Latest resources

Back